It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2005, 12:09 PM   #1

BB4Real HB User
Asprin is a godsend!!!

Hello,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the asprin mask is absolutely amazing!!! I took Accutane from 12/01-4/05. It worked pretty good while on but eventually the acne came back. Then I got the idea of the baking soda method from this board and that actually worked pretty good but just not enough.

I started looking to combat some of the inflammation from rosacea (I have a slight case of that) so I had my dr. put me back on minocycline and coincidentally tried giving the asprin mask a try the same day.

I can hosnestly say that NOTHING has worked better than this. I mean I've been on minocycline before and it worked but not nearly this well. Plus it takes a little while to notice a difference where as with the asprin mask I noticed a difference like the next day. I like it so much, I'm going to do a demo for my dr. on my next visit just to show him what I'm talking about (I tried explaining the baking soda thing to him a while back and he was interested in the results).

I can't sit here and say I've found a cure for acne or anything even remotely close to that but after years of trial and error, I am finally glad to say I've found something that actually works! And it's so simple and cheap it's ridiculous compared to other things I've tried. Not only is the acne gone, but my skin is also a lot healthier looking (kind of glows). This is just another friendly reminder to not give up, and to keep shooting for your goal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2005, 01:41 PM   #2
(male)

nicholls HB User
Re: Asprin is a godsend!!!

whats a asprin mask can you explain it sounds interesting and i would like to give it a try?????

Old 10-19-2005, 02:48 PM   #3

BB4Real HB User

Basically you just go to Walgreens or whatever and grab a big bottle of REGULAR asprin. Not advil, alleve, etc. Just regular asprin (non-coated).

Throw like 8 or 9 of them in a cup, sprinkle a little water on top and let it sit for a minute. Once the asprin starts absorbing the water and getting soft, just stir it with a plastic knife or something similar until it turns into a paste. You may have to sprinkle a little more water on it but not too much because you want it to be a paste.

Just apply it all over your face similar to how you'd apply a mask and let it sit for like 15 minutes. This is a good time to iron your shirt, check your email, etc. After the 15 minutes just jump in the shower and wash it off trying not to scrub too hard. That's it! It works miracles. I do it in the morning while I'm getting ready for work and wash with Cetaphil at night after the gym.

Do a search on "asprin mask" for more info. There's a lot of info on this board about it.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:35 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

caliente HB User

i'm also a big fan of the aspirin mask. it has worked better than anything i have ever tried. cleared up my skin and evened out my skin tone.

people think i'm nuts when i tell them why i always have huge bottles of aspirin stocked up in my bathroom lol! the Walgreens aspirin is my favorite. it doesnt get quite as gritty as other brands.

Old 10-20-2005, 05:36 AM   #5

BB4Real HB User

The Walgreens brand is my favorite as well. Plus it's dirt cheap!

Old 10-20-2005, 06:09 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

I've tried this mask a couple of times but cant remember if it helped with anything? I'm going to give it another try today

How long have you been using the asprin mask?

You see results the next day?

Why type of acne do you have and where do you have it?

Do you think the effects will wear off after a while from using it?

Thank you soooo much for this post!!! It made my day because I can actually do it right now....lol

Old 10-20-2005, 07:51 AM   #7

BB4Real HB User

I've been using it for like 3 weeks. I did actually notice a difference in a day or so. It may take a little longer than a day to clear the acne itself but you will immediately notice a difference in your skin condition which I'm assuming helps get rid of the acne. I don't think the effects will wear off like they do using baking soda and based on all of the posts I've seen on the subject, I haven't heard anyone else say so either.

I had acne but not really bad acne. It was enough to get me on accutane and it was mostly on my cheeks and chin. The bumps on my chin started when I took accutane and nothing I did could get rid of them since I'd shave around the area every day most likely irratating it and never giving it a chance to heal. With the asprin the bumps were gone in a couple of days. Give it a shot. Good luck.

Old 10-20-2005, 01:37 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

caliente HB User

i've been using aspirin masks for about 6 months now. the only time it doesnt seem to work is when i get hormonal breakouts, but nothing seems to control that for me.

when i first started using it, the only difference i saw the first time was my skin tone was evened out the next morning. it took about a week before it cleared up the breakouts. but once it started clearing them up.... oh man, my skin was PERFECT. all summer, the only place i had to wear concealer was under my eyes to cover the dark circles. it felt GREAT not having to wear so much makeup! and it faded red marks very quickly. marks that usually took a few months to disappear were gone within two weeks.

you probably wont see a huge difference overnight, but give it one week. even just try it three times a week. i will never go back to using any other type of mask on my face.

Old 10-20-2005, 01:46 PM   #9
(male)

nicholls HB User

i cnt seem to get the asprin to go into a paste

it goes like grit can any one help plzzz???

Old 10-21-2005, 08:04 AM   #10

BB4Real HB User

The best way I have found to work is to get a plastic cup, put 8-10 asprins in it, litterally dab a little water with your finger tips so it actually looks like it's not going to make the asprin disolve, and just let it sit for like 30 seconds. The idea is to make it just barely enough water to make the pill nice and soft. Then just stir it around with a plastic knife or whatever. I like the plastic knife because it makes it easier to scoop out a little at a time. If it's too dry, just dab a little water on top. When I first tried, I was putting too much water in it. You actually want to hardly put any water in it since it doesn't take much to get an uncoated pill to disolve.

Old 10-21-2005, 12:34 PM   #11
Veteran
(male)

Accutane Dude HB User

I'd like to try this as well. I have a few questions.

I am trying to tan to eliminate my acne as well. Do you think this will interfere with anything?

Does it dry your skin out like many BP type masks do?

I live in canada and i don't even know what walgreens is. Can i just go to a local drugstore and find this? Or anyone know where a ontario, canadian could find the right brand?

Thank you so much this sounds very exciting

Old 10-21-2005, 12:52 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

caliente HB User

i used this mask all summer long and it did not interfere with tanning. i had a problem last year because i was using a BP mask. my body was brown but my face was white because the BP bleached the color right out. but this last summer my face had good color too because the aspirin didnt pull the color out.

it doesnt dry my face like BP does. my skin always feels soft and smooth afterwards.

if you dont have a walgreens, just go to your local drugstore and buy a bottle of generic uncoated aspirin. its very cheap, you can find it anywhere.

Old 10-22-2005, 09:08 AM   #13
(male)

ksaguy HB User

well Accutane Dude, all you need is uncoated Aspirin that you can hopefully find at any drugstore. the one that disolves in water within seconds.

Aspirin is defnately a boost. i like dit very much. created a thread few weeks ago.

two thumbs up for Aspirin.

Old 10-22-2005, 05:13 PM   #14
(female)

Abby214 HB User

Hi, could you tell me how often do you use this aspirin mask? Weekly? Couple times a week? Daily?

Thanks
Abby

Old 10-22-2005, 10:12 PM   #15
Veteran
(male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby214
Hi, could you tell me how often do you use this aspirin mask? Weekly? Couple times a week? Daily?

Thanks
Abby
Also curious about this. My face is starting to get really bad lately.

Closed Thread

Tags
aspirin mask