It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2005, 03:11 AM   #1

Candypandy HB User
Thumbs up Omnilux blue light and glycolic peels

Hello
I thought i'd let everyone know how i am getting on with improving my skin. I have suffered from acne for about 10 years. I am now 23. It started off as blackheads and over the years slowly got worse and worse and now i sometimes get cysts. I decided to start the blue light treatment as i was fed up with my skin. I had 8 sessions of blue light. It is totally pain free. Its quite relaxing - you lay on a bed with a blue lamp over your face for 20 mins. After every treatment my skin broke out a little but towards the end of the 8 sessions my skin was getting better. They say it takes 12 weeks after the last session to see the best results as it promotes a healing response in the skin. Once i had finished the blue light sessions i started on a home care regime of glycolic acid face washes and lotion. I carried this on for two weeks and then started on a course of glycolic peels. These peels are once a week and help smooth out scarring and deeply exfoliate to prevent more acne forming. A few days after my first glycolic peel my face broke out quite badly. Apparently it brings everything to the surface all at once! Every peel after i got a slight breakout after but every week the breakouts were less and less. Right now i am 4 days away from my final glycolic peel (course of 6) and my face is almost clear. I have a couple of nasty cysts which has been there about a month, which are almost healed now. My skin is so soft a smooth - i can't beleive it! Also, my face used to be quite red but all the redness is gone now. To maintain the effects i have to have one bluelight session every 8 weeks a nd a glycolic peel once a month. It has been quite pricey. I think i have spent about £1000 so far but it is definitly worth it! Feel free to ask me any questions about what i've had done as i would like to help people with their acne problem. I know what a problem acne is and how it effects your confidence.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2005, 05:15 AM   #2

Candypandy HB User
Re: Omnilux blue light and glycolic peels

ok.............its a few weeks on now from my first post. I thought i'd fill you in on how im getting on. I now have one blue light treatment every 8 weeks and a glycolic peel every 4 weeks. I use glycolic face wash and lotion at home. A few days after i go for one of my treatments my skin breaks out a bit, for about a week. I think this is because it brings up anything that is lurking under the surface. Everytime the breakout is less and less severe and i am 90% pleased with how my skin looks now. I will continue on this program as i am seeing a steady improvement.

Closed Thread