It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2005, 01:24 PM   #1
(female)

indianacne HB User
hydrocortisone cream on face?

My face feels so dry and irritaqted (but never peels) it feels tight, then I end up breaking out more. Has anyone tried hydrocortisone cream on the face to help decrease inflammation and driness. I heard one that if you use it on your face it can cause discoloration. Is this true? Ever hear that? What do you think of my idea?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2005, 03:45 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

getting_through HB User
Re: hydrocortisone cream on face?

No,
Never heard of it. Anyways, try to not wash your face so many times to reduce the tighting and dryness. Your face needs oil, and when you strip it away it only leads to more oil production and blemishes Trust me- I know, I've been through that.
You should probably use a oil-free moisturizer if your face is always dry and tighting. Just saying.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2005, 07:02 AM   #3
(male)

omega47 HB User

i have that cream...never really tried it because i never heard anything about it

Old 10-23-2005, 08:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User

Hi,
I wouldn't use Hydrocortisone on your face if you suffer from acne, as it can help bacteria spread, it's ok to use on idividual spots or dry patches for up to 7 day's but no longer as it can thin the skin.
If your skin is really dry i would reccomend Australian Bodycare Tea Tree Hand And Body Lotion, I've just started to use it and it really softens my skin without breaking me out or making my skin feel greasy aswell ashelping spots .

Old 10-23-2005, 08:50 AM   #5
(female)

HarajukuGurl2005 HB User

i hate that tightness feeling! in the past, i have used aquaphor ointment (it contains mineral oil, but i heard that it doesnt break you out). be careful b/c a lot of oil free lotions can sting and dry you out even more. i need lotions for sensitive skin for daily use, but if i am seriously tight and dry those do zip, so i have to resort to aquaphor. hope that helps.

Old 10-23-2005, 09:38 AM   #6
(female)

kittenkaboodle6 HB User

I think usually there is only a problem with discoloration if you use it for a longer amount of time. Once, I had the worst cyst thing ever in that thin patch of skin beside my mouth where there is no bone, and it stuck out really far and sadly to say, I considered killing myself because of it. Long story short, the derm told me to use hydrocortisone OINTMENT on it, and it actually did heal nicely in a shorter amount of time than usual blemishes. I had no discoloration.

Closed Thread