It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2005, 05:05 PM   #1
(female)

*pig_tails* HB User
Question accutane & whiteheads

sorry for the many questions on accutane posted before but does accutane get rid of little bumps? Like i don't know what they are exactly but they look like whiteheads maybe?

before i went on accutane i had like an allergy from this aloe cream i was using and it made my face breakout with little bumps all over my face! Would accutane help with this?? Thanks!

Last edited by *pig_tails*; 11-28-2005 at 05:09 PM.

Old 11-28-2005, 09:27 PM   #2
(male)

Independent77 HB User
Re: accutane & whiteheads

Im not sure, i myself am not on accutane, i cant afford it but im on minocycline and lately ive been getting more whiteheads also. could be from washing overly too (weeks ago) but My guess is yes since bacteria can cause whiteheads then yes it will help in the future. i heard it takes 3 months to see results with any oral antibiotic. try using alittle bp on the outside every once and a while to help the outside until the accutane kicks in and dont pop them. trust me. they can scar. goodluck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2005, 10:05 PM   #3
(female)

*pig_tails* HB User

Hi there,

hmm well is your whiteheads like everywhere? like do they look as if there is hundreds of them?? Mine seem to be sometimes itchy?? Ahh i never had a problem with this (only cystic acne) i'm scared it won't go away. Hopefully it does...

anyone else have problems like mine?

Old 11-29-2005, 09:05 AM   #4
(male)

lolitazz HB User

I'm on accutane and my derm said that accutane only gets rid of zits and blackheads but not whiteheads. I didn't have a lot but still had some. She recommended facials for those, which my insurance covers every month. I only had 1 facial so far and yes, they got rid of them.

Old 11-29-2005, 04:44 PM   #5
(female)

*pig_tails* HB User

Thanks for your replies!

Are you allowed to do facials while on accutane?

Old 11-29-2005, 06:06 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

lexla HB User

your not supposed to, my derm said its a ''procedure'' and the skin is too sensitive...wait 3-6 months after! i wish i could, trust me, i love um!

Old 11-29-2005, 09:09 PM   #7
(female)

*pig_tails* HB User

Do facials really help with whiteheads?? (mine look like little hard stones..)..
I also heard facials can sometimes cause you to breakout or people have an allergic reaction.. have you or anyone else experience this?

Thanks =)

Last edited by *pig_tails*; 11-29-2005 at 09:10 PM.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:20 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

lexla HB User

yes i have! my last facial ( i loved them before ) i forgot to tell her i was on Retin - A and i broke out sooo horribly... this was 2 or 3 yrs ago. yes they can make you break out, i recommend bringing your own cleanser/toners etc so your face doesnt get confused. but deff ask your derm b4 you go to one because he may object to it while on accutane, like most do. good luck!

Old 11-29-2005, 10:12 PM   #9
(female)

*pig_tails* HB User

Thanks for your reply!

Was your whiteheads like little rocks and looked like there was hundreds of them? I just want to know if what you had was similar to mine! Thanks =)

Old 11-29-2005, 10:18 PM   #10
(male)

lolitazz HB User

My derm recommended the facials. She said they are designed especially for accutane users. I can't tell the difference b/c I never had a facial before My insurance covers the facials too. I do trust her b/c my derm is pretty experienced, maybe she is more willing to take risks. Or maybe it's because I didn't have a lot of whiteheads. I don't know.

Old 11-29-2005, 11:29 PM   #11
(female)

*pig_tails* HB User

Did you have alot of whiteheads before you did the facial??

I'm going crazy over these whiteheads! they look like hundreds of little rocks!! and when i was my face its all bumpy!! I never had these before.. i suddenly got them after my skin got an allergy from this aloe cream i used...

I also read somewhere accutane does help with whiteheads? have i been misinformed? ahh.. anyone who had lots of whiteheads and was cured with accutane please let me know..

Last edited by *pig_tails*; 11-29-2005 at 11:34 PM.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:48 PM   #12
(female)

*pig_tails* HB User

also when people on accutane say that the plugs are coming out.. what does that exactly mean? doesn't that mean blackheads and dried up whiteheads? Thanks

Last edited by *pig_tails*; 11-30-2005 at 01:49 PM.

Old 11-30-2005, 04:58 PM   #13
(male)

randysavage HB User

it means they just kind of come out on their own, so they will be like little hairs sticking out of the pores and come off really easy.

Closed Thread