It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2005, 08:10 AM   #1
(male)

quamen HB User
is the aspirin mask really jsut a peel method,that is able to take out redness? my us

I had one of the worse spots I ever had on my face due to pushing at the clogged pores. It got very swollen and extremly red, it was at least the size of 2 inches or more. I was so upset and very embarassed by this event, that i searched for a quick method to at least take down the swelling and reduce redness. I came here and some of you talked about the aspirin mask ,so i said ill try anything.

This all occured on sunday morning and it was horrible. I didnt try the mask until monday morning and I felt a slight tiggling when applied. I then applied it again at night and left it overnight this time. When i woke up I noticed my skin was peeling alot,but the swelling went down and a more normal color appeared. I then did it again for a overnight session, and found the same thing again even better. It really dried out the spot more than anything i have ever tried as a spot treatment,but also took the swelling and redness away faster than anything i have ever tried.

Im wondering if aspirin on the face is actually like a very strong chemical peel, because this is how it acted on my face. The spot that was the worse spot i beleive i have ever had since having acne since i was 12, has been the fastest spot to ever hear. All that is left is a very light discoloration that is not that visible, but still there. I was guessing i woudl be left with a mark that would last for about a month or so, but were talking about 3 days which it is almost healed. Im really starting to wonder if this should be somehow incorporated into a daily solution for acne in a diluted form, and is it safe overtime.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2005, 08:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User
Re: is the aspirin mask really jsut a peel method,that is able to take out redness? my us

I would think it's a very low strength peel, if you want to think of it that way. It's similar to BHA which cleanses the pores from within. As long as your skin condition warrants it, you can use it daily in a diluted form, but maybe don't leave it on overnight every time. Once your skin gets pretty clear, I would not suggest you use it that often. 2 times a week is sufficient. Long term and frequent use may not be safe.

Old 11-30-2005, 09:00 AM   #3
(male)

quamen HB User
Re: is the aspirin mask really jsut a peel method,that is able to take out redness? my us

thanks for that reply.

Old 11-30-2005, 02:51 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

caliente HB User

as much as i love the aspirin mask and encourage people to use it, aspirin is a chemical, and using it too much or for too long can result in a chemical burn, which is maybe what you experienced. i have never had peeling skin from using the aspirin mask. i would say its more of an exfoliator (sloughing off dead skin) than a peel.

i would not use it twice in one day or leave it on overnight.

Closed Thread