It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
(male)

tkrsniper HB User
How long does it take for red marks to fade?

I've been on Tazorac for three months now and it has just kicked in in the last two weeks. I have maybe had two to three zits that have gone away within two days or less. So I'm very happy with that, and my smooth skin.

However, I still have tons of red marks and I look no better than before, even though I know my acne is basically cured. I've been using the asprin mask once every night which does make it look better but it's just a minor improvement.

So, does anyone know anything else I can try, and if not, what amount of time will it be until they just go away naturally?

Old 11-30-2005, 06:01 PM   #2
(female)

williteverend HB User
Re: How long does it take for red marks to fade?

I don't want to discourage you, but every one is different. I just want to let you know you aren't alone with these annoying red marks. I think it takes me atleast a year, seriously. I have had acne for almost 5 years and swear some of them still haven't gone away.....its crazy and annoying and I want them gone!!!! But there has to be something out there for them...I just don't know what,but I feel your anger!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2005, 11:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

Mine usually takes anywhere from 2 to 4 months to completely go away and that's with the help of topicals. If you don't use anything it may take over 6 months to go away. Besides the aspirin mask, you could also try the apple cider vinegar toner. Get a bottle of apple cider vinegar from the grocery store, mix one part of it with 3 parts of water (or 2 parts if your skin can tolerate it) and apply to your red marks every day. It helps a lot.

Old 12-03-2005, 11:45 AM   #4
(male)

Independent77 HB User

I have spots still like crazy since july and june and myself doesnt understand why they wont fade. Then again i think some of it is cystic. Stupid acne, i hate it. goodluck finding something but if they dont get better with medications then maybe try bleaching them like i did. i dont know maybe i use some wash with a acid or bp in it( instead of cetaphil), it would help more. not sure. dont worry though, ur not alone.

Old 12-03-2005, 01:36 PM   #5
(female)

snafu HB User

I have really bad red marks, it makes my skin look a lot worse than it is.
I just started using Aveeno Ultra calming face wash and I have noticed a BIG difference already. I am going to get their moisturizer this paycheque, as if I can see the difference with something that gets washed off, then what will happen with something that stays on

Old 12-03-2005, 01:50 PM   #6
(female)

realsad HB User

ooh let us know how the Aveeno Ultra calming face moisturizer does! so the wash is good? i might just try it awhile myself

Old 12-03-2005, 08:50 PM   #7
(male)

evan671 HB User

I still have preaccutane cyst red marks from over a year ago.

Old 12-05-2005, 12:40 AM   #8
(female)

anilorak HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu
I am going to get their moisturizer this paycheque, as if I can see the difference with something that gets washed off, then what will happen with something that stays on
FYI.. I've made the mistake of using Aveeno moisturizer on my face before and it was a HUGE mistake. My face was so dry and flakey at the time. It felt really greasy and broke me out BIG time. Everyone reacts differently, but I just thought you should know before spending money on it.

Old 12-05-2005, 01:00 PM   #9
(female)

snafu HB User

anilorak, which aveeno moisturizer did you use? The one I am going to get is the Ultra Calming.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:43 PM   #10
(female)

SweetAmy87 HB User

Ive used aveeno daily moisturizing lotion on my face a few times and i dont even think its intended for the face and it didnt break me out or feel oily but yea everyone is different

Closed Thread