It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2005, 04:09 PM   #1

RebelRocker HB User
Pimple under my pubic hair?!

Has anyone heard of getting a pimple on your groin?

I have one about 4 inches below my waist in the area above my crotch.
It's really tender and has been there for a few days now. It's big, but similar to ones I get on my butt occasionally. How do I make it go away?

I know a lot of you will suspect herpe or warts, but I haven't been sexually active in about 4 months, and even then... this is on my skin a few inches above my genitals and I don't think you get STDs there.

I'm just curious. Do people get pimples in their crotch?

Old 12-12-2005, 04:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MommaBee HB User
Re: Pimple under my pubic hair?!

Probably just an ingrown hair. If it hasn't come to a head yet, take a hot compress to it for a few minutes and see if that helps. Heat seems to bring them to the surface. If it gets infected, you might have to see the doctor for it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2005, 07:30 PM   #3

RebelRocker HB User

What is required in treating that?

Old 12-12-2005, 09:50 PM   #4
(female)

1 girl HB User

I know you don't want to here this, but I have had same symptoms and I have genital herpes type 2 . You should go to the herpes board and read some of the post. Get a blood test or hae the bumps cultured. Genital herpes tends to show up on buttocks and thigh area, but can be spread to any part of your body. It mainly is in genitial and buttocks area though. It can look like pimples or blisters or ulcers. It can go undetected for long periods of time . Even if you haven't had sex lately you could have been caring the virus all along with out symptoms. I hope I am wrong because it's not fun to have. May God bless you that it is only acne

Old 12-13-2005, 03:26 AM   #5
(female)

WaterSoothes HB User

Everyone here is right. If you are sexually active whether or not you haven't had sex in a few months doesn't matter. If you have had sex, it should be part of your requirement to see your doctor yearly to make sure you are STD free and treat problems early before they become permanent or worse. Some diseases are spread by skin contact. STD's can stay in your body for a long time before showing up or appear like regular pimples. For your own well being, please get yourself a simple exam. If you are free of STD's bravo! But don't stop there, get a yearly exam.

Old 12-13-2005, 12:50 PM   #6
(female)

cark HB User

I wax and sometimes I will get an ingrown hair like that. Looks like a pimple. Teh above post is right.. try a warm compress. If it gets a hard nodule feel to it, go to the dermatologist and they will drain it.

Old 12-13-2005, 02:27 PM   #7
(female)

WaterSoothes HB User

I can't believe people are ignoring the fact that it could be an STD no matter what whether or not you wax or didn't have sex in 4 months. That is not relevant at all. Didn't you hear when people say that STD's can look exactly like a pimple? We say this so people protect themsleves and stop spreading around STD's because people refuse to get tested because they think it won't happen to them. Doesn't it scare you that it could get worse or become untreatable if you don't go early enough?

Old 12-13-2005, 04:33 PM   #8
(female)

ambb106 HB User

I havent had sex and yet I still get those things do you think its an in grown hair.. i get them on my butt alot..

Old 12-13-2005, 04:35 PM   #9

RebelRocker HB User

I noticed that it was looking pretty puss-y, so I tried to remove some of it with a pair of tweezers. It actually broke open and exposed a squiggly little mal-formed hair. I removed it and it pussed a lot. I dabbed that up and washed it.

I'm happy now. It hardly hurts at all and my STD fears are put to rest. Ingrown hairs are just due to my hasty shaving.

Any idea what I should do to clense it? Polysporin?

Last edited by RebelRocker; 12-13-2005 at 04:35 PM.

Old 12-13-2005, 08:11 PM   #10
(female)

1 girl HB User

To Ambb
It can be either one. If you are concerned about an std such as herpes check the board or ask for the test when you go to the doc. You must specifiy for a herpes test because it is not in the general std test they normally do. It could be folliculitius or you could just have body acne.

To Rocker
I am happy for you if it is only an ingrown hair. Count your blessings it could have been worse.

Old 12-13-2005, 11:15 PM   #11
(female)

WaterSoothes HB User

You can still have an STD even if you show no symptoms for years. STD is ugly and can trick on people, so I hope someday you realize the importance of it and get checked out to make sure you're not spreading anything. It's scary how people would rather think it's nothing and close it up in their mind not knowing they could be harboring a disease and spreading it around. I have been reading on wives who find out they have an STD, and their husband swear they were monogamous--it's because past sexual relationships could have given them the disease and they didn't know it because of attitude of people thinking it won't happen to them.

Closed Thread