It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2003, 09:00 PM   #1

buddyguy HB User
Post What should i do to keep from getting scars

Right now im on antibiotics and tazorac but im still breaking out. Right now i have 2 huge painful red pimples(i guess they are cysts) along with the rest of my moderate acne. I can tell i have some really mild shallow scarring but nothing too noticeable. Im just woried that if i keep getting cysts like these ill get much more scarring. Im thinking about accutane but ive heard people say that accutane can cause you to scar. What should i do?

Old 05-28-2003, 11:23 PM   #2

Jeff!23 HB User
Accutane will not cause you to scar, infact it will reduce your existing scars and cure your acne for life. It is the only thing that worked for me. It totally got rid of my acne and most of my scars in 6 months. I can't describe the feeling of looking at my clear smooth face. It came with a price, accutane gave me bad depression, which I still have after two years. If I could do it over again, I would still take my good looking face over the depression.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2003, 12:23 AM   #3

Hopetimistic HB User
Hi,

I would apply aloe vera gel (98-100%) along with the accutance if I were you. It is supposed to be a good healer of skin. I have only been using it a few days and already I can see the benefits to my skin. It moisturises, smooths, softens, reduces blemishes and red spots, and heals skin, from my experience of a few days. I wish I had tried it sooner.

All the Best.

I am no expert on these matters. Please consult the (supposed) experts, and seek the advice of other people as well.

Old 05-29-2003, 10:03 AM   #4

buddyguy HB User
Will aloe break you out.if i go on accutane i would use and not worry but right now im still breaking out. So accutane doesnt cause scarring, ive heard it does. I think that some people think it does cause it clears their skin so they can see that they have scarring because they couldnt tell before because they were so broken out.

Old 05-29-2003, 03:31 PM   #5

Goofy45 HB User
Wink

ALL I GOT TO SAY IS DON'T PICK AT THEM!!!! I DID THAT AND I HAVE SCARS LIKE NOT OTHER....BUT THANK GOD I'M A GIRL THAT CAN WEAR MAKEUP AND A MAN THAT ACCEPTS ME AND THE SCARS. GOOD LUCK

Old 05-29-2003, 04:28 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
Thumbs down

ACCUTANE GAVE ME SO MANY SCARS THAT I JUST WANT TO DIE!!!!! I GOT OFF OF IT 4 MONTHS AGO AND MY FACE HAS SO MANY RED MARKS AND SHALLOW SCARS JUST FROM THE ACNE IT GAVE ME. I ONLY WENT ON IT FOR OILY SKIN AND NOW I LOOK LIKE I HAVE HAD AN ACNE PROBLEM MY WHOLE LIFE....I AM DOOMED TO SUFFER LIKE THIS UNTIL THEY CAN FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO WITH ME

Old 05-29-2003, 04:30 PM   #7

buddyguy HB User
O im sorry to hear that. So u didnt have any acne before accutane? If they are red marks and shallow they will prob fade, just give them time.

Old 05-30-2003, 03:48 AM   #8

Hopetimistic HB User
Buddyguy,

Nope, the 98% aloe vera gel hasn't caused any breakouts on me. It leaves the skin moisturised and smooth, and heals any damaged skin.

For the person who said accutance left them with scars, I would try 98% (or greater) aloe vera gel for a few weeks before anything else.

All the best.

I am no expert on these matters. Please consult the (supposed) experts, and seek the advice of other people as well.

Old 05-30-2003, 02:19 PM   #9

mellon collie HB User
You went on accutane because of oily skin?

Old 05-30-2003, 02:21 PM   #10

mellon collie HB User
You went on accutane because of oily skin? Even when i had pretty bad acne during my teen years, i didnt even want to go on accutane. I guess im just surprised your derm prescribed it.

Old 05-30-2003, 02:27 PM   #11

iwannacookie HB User
i've always picked cystic pimples on my chin with no scarring at all. the one time i didn't pick one on my chin it just stayed on for 2 months before i finally picked it. well many seem to think picking is a big no-no but if you are able to get all the pus out and then apply neosporin it would be great. of course the tendency to scar is different for each person but i recommend getting it professionally extracted.

Closed Thread