It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2003, 08:55 AM   #1

buddyguy HB User
Post Aloe vera gel

Does anyone who uses this finds it breaks them out? Does it help your red marks and scars? Does it help with exsisiting pimples at all.(thanks for suggesting this to me hopetimistic im thinking about trying it out).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2003, 06:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
I use aloe vera gel on my face in the summer time as i find most moisturisers too rich.

My skin would be closer to normal rather than combination, but it used to be very oily in the t-zone, but once i hit my mid 20's and also stopped using foundation i found my skin settled nicely and was never better. Now i'm 36, wrinkle free and i love aloe vera, you can use for so many things, after sun care, after waxing it reduces redness and sooths the skin, if i get the odd pimple it will help it heal quicker and as i said before, as a light moisturiser - depending on your skin type.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2003, 06:34 PM   #3

MYLO HB User
I just started using this yesterday. It reminds me alot of cucumbers, has an amazing cooling effect to it. Excellent for irritated skin. But I dont think its meant to fade acne red marks.

From what Ive read, I heard you can actually squeeze the gel into a cup, add water and drink it. I heard its the same as the juice.

Old 05-30-2003, 07:26 PM   #4

mudpixie HB User
I used it for a little while and it makes your face feel very cool and refreshed at first- and then it dries- and makes your face feel sticky like glue and tight. Once I used it w/o any makeup over it (i was home all day) and i noticed there were little "flakes" on my face not like dry skin but more like Elmer's glue if you've ever had that on your arms or something. My conclusion? I think it just sits on the surface and doesn't really get absorbed. Might even clog up your pores if you use too much. Just my experience.

Closed Thread