It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2005, 04:47 AM   #1
(male)

beatboxkid HB User
Question johnsons baby oil / block pores ???

hello,

I was hoping if some one could tell me if they know how good the clear johnsons baby oil is for you're skin? and if it is good or bad when it comes to acne as I read on the net an article where some one said it can block pores......

i have been using pears soap to wash my face and body in the shower, and when finished I apply the baby oil to my face and body, then I give myself a quick rinse off in clod water to refresh my skin an tighten my pores. this routine seems to be working ok, but be good to know what you people think about using an oil???

anyhows I thought the combianation of using to natural products would be a good combination, apparently pears soap is meant to be non comagenic(doesnt bloke pores) but not to sure about the johnsosn baby oil?

any feedback from this thread would be appreciated, cheers beatboxkid

Old 12-23-2005, 06:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

wiredqs HB User
Re: johnsons baby oil / block pores ???

Baby oil is mineral oil and fragrance, neither of which would be good for the skin on your face. If you want to use a natural oil, try olive oil.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2005, 07:21 AM   #3
(male)

beatboxkid HB User
Question Re: johnsons baby oil / block pores ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredqs
Baby oil is mineral oil and fragrance, neither of which would be good for the skin on your face. If you want to use a natural oil, try olive oil.
hi, thanks for the advice, I have tryed using olive oil and found it worked at first but then shorty i found it made me break out in spots, I guess it must block pores all though I have head thats it's not meant to block pores?

so god knows why is baby oil so diffrent to olive oil though? can't be that much diffrence can there.....

cheers beatboxkid

Old 12-25-2005, 08:16 AM   #4
Inactive

lindanm HB User

Baby oil is a petroleum product. I tried using it to shave my legs when that was a thing and I got pimples on my legs. It really shouldn't be used on babies either.

You could try using jojoba oil. Others on this board have said that it is supposed to be the closest thing to our natural sebum. I bought some but couldn't bring myself to put it on my face so ended up using it to shave my legs and it worked great. They sell it in bulk at Whole Foods. I think it is much lighter than olive oil. I don't think I could olive oil on my face, but olive oil soaps are supposed to be very good things.

Now all the talk is about camelia oil which I have bought. It is very light and I do put it on my face sometimes. They say it helps with scars although I don't know how. Camelia is related to tea though and there are supposed to be all kinds of benefits in tea.

Old 12-28-2005, 11:04 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

I used baby oil for awhile years ago to try and moisturize my skin, but all it did was make me break out.. so it does clog pores.

Old 12-28-2005, 11:30 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

I use baby oil to take off eye makeup, then I wash it off though with cleanser. I use Camellia oil at night on my face, and have been using it for about 7 or 8 months now. It does help make your skin look more supple and takes away pitting, but it does take a while for it to work. It also helps lines under your eyes!

Old 01-03-2006, 06:01 AM   #7
(female)

kid84 HB User

some one claimed that baby oil can remove blackheads if rubbed on the nose for 20 mins. i tried that for 2 days, managed to remove 1 or 2 blackheads.
on the second day, a few small pimple-like bumps appeared on my nose, and i have stopped using it.

Old 01-03-2006, 06:14 AM   #8
Inactive

lindanm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid84
some one claimed that baby oil can remove blackheads if rubbed on the nose for 20 mins. .
Try the Aspirin Mask for blackheads. Just dissolve some cheap uncoated aspirin with a little water in the palm of your hand and put it on. You can leave it on until it dries, then wash it off, or brush off the excess and leave the residue on over night. Or just use it as a scrub. It's salisylic acid. It is the best thing I've ever learned from this board.

Old 01-03-2006, 06:16 AM   #9
Inactive

lindanm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie4u22
I use Camellia oil at night on my face, and have been using it for about 7 or 8 months now. It does help make your skin look more supple and takes away pitting, but it does take a while for it to work. It also helps lines under your eyes!
How does Camellia oil take away pitting?

Closed Thread