It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2003, 03:38 PM   #1

CroquetGirl HB User
Talking Almost clear for 2 weeks!

I tried a new technique which is why I haven't been checking the boards this last month. So far, it has worked remarkably well.

First, I have a very oily nose with large blackheads, but my skin gets dry very easy (Queen Helene's turns it red and makes it peel).

For a month now, I've washed my face once in the morning and once at night, with NO washcloth-- just my hands and Cetaphil (it's actually Drug Emporium brand, but its ingredients are the same as Cetaphil cleanser). I then pat my face dry (not rub) with a clean towel. Once a week, I use the Queen Helene's for about 10 minutes, scrub it off with one of those puffy body scrub things, and then apply the cleanser. I've had only a few small pimples using this method, as opposed to a face that had huge red pimples before this. I can't guarantee it will work for you, but it's worth a try! Apparently the harsh soaps that are made for acne did my face more harm than good, and so did the rough washcloths.
The only problem is that my blackheads seem larger-- they are definitely more visible-- and my face is more oily. Still, I've had very few new blemishes, which is incredible. Let's hope this keeps up! Now if only those old red marks would go away :-)

Old 05-31-2003, 07:34 PM   #2
Veteran

Girlie19 HB User
Weird, I'm doing the same thing. I still break out (been doing this for 2 weeks only) but a lot less than before and I'm getting more blackheads too. Better then cysts though!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread