It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2003, 05:29 AM   #1
Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
Arrow Don't Know What 2 do? - - HELP!

Hi Guys

Im in abit of a dilemma 6wks ago my Dr put me on differin but it made my acne worst and caused irritation so i quit using it. So in the meantime i was just washing my face with just water and sometimes a gentle face wash, basically i was just doing the 'do nothing' method and the 'more is less' thing. Now here i am still with a broken out face thinking what to do next? so i thought i'll go back to antibiotics (minocycline). Now here's the downfall in less then 6wks in going to HOT! SUNNY! MEXICO! and im most likely to be in the sun all day and i know that antibiotic's cause skin sensitivity...so what should i do? should i risk taking minocycline or doyxcycline while on holiday? im scared cos i don't know what will happen to my face. Has anybody taken antibiotics whilst on holiday?

~*Kashy*~

------------------
~*ººBaBi FaCeºº*~

~*ºWhatever happens, happens for a reason.º*~

[This message has been edited by xKaShyLahx (edited 05-31-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2003, 06:57 AM   #2
Veteran

stasia12 HB User
i u do take antis while in mexico-I advise you to be EXtra careful about what you eat and drink there otherwise your entire holiday will be spent chugging pepto bismol whilst on the toilet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2003, 11:23 AM   #3

aliasfan1981 HB User
Yeah - wear a sunscreen, continue taking your meds, and don't drink the water. DEFINATELY stick to bottled water!

Old 05-31-2003, 01:41 PM   #4
Veteran

EMMANUEL HB User
Definately take your meds, but wear a high, oil free Spf, and a hat(baseball cap/visor if you want, whenever possible). Reapply the spf frequently, esp. after swimming/sweating. You should apply the spf 30 mins. before any exposure, but that may not be possible in your case--just make sure you apply it!

Have a great time!

~Emma

Peace

~*Emma*~

Old 06-01-2003, 07:46 AM   #5
Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
Wink

Thanx guys i havent actually gotten any meds yet, im hoping my dr will prescribe me it tomorrow!

~*Kashy*~

------------------
~*ººBaBi FaCeºº*~

~*ºWhatever happens, happens for a reason.º*~

Closed Thread