It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2003, 06:04 PM   #1

koden HB User
Question can masks help acne?

i tried the queen helene mint mask b4 & it felt nice but i dont think it did anything else 4 me besides that.
however, my mom said she accidentally threw it away when she was cleaning my room & i havent bought any more since it didnt really do anything 4 me but id like 2 try another kind

my forehead & nose get really oily during the day & im sure a weekly mask couldnt hurt so i looked around & found this place called mountainherbroses.com & they hav 2 masks that i really like; fullers earth clay & their french green clay
i like the french more but i was wondering if anyone has ever tried clay/mud masks & been very pleased w/ them?
i want something to just suck this oil out for once
thanx

Old 06-01-2003, 11:04 PM   #2

Tinkerbell03 HB User
I've use several masks before including French clay (at least I think so, it's hard to keep them all straight), but they haven't really worked for me. My sister has had them help, but I really didn't notice any difference. Hopefully, they will work for you. :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2003, 11:54 AM   #3

GoodnightElisabeth HB User
I've found that peel-off masks work better than the wipe-off masks (like queen helene). I've had better results from peel-off masks, and they make my skin feel cleaner and smoother than the other kind.

Old 06-02-2003, 12:41 PM   #4

mudpixie HB User
For oil try a milk of magnesia mask. Just buy some plain milk of magnesia and put it on the oily areas w/ a cotton ball, it hardens and becomes a "mask". My sister did this once as an experiment and didnt have any oil for a few days.

Old 06-02-2003, 04:21 PM   #5

koden HB User
Question

Cool; i've heard about a milk of magnesia mask before too.. I'm not sure if I have any lying around but I'll check.

So what's a peel-off mask? I've never heard of them before xcept for that one neutrogena peel-off mask commercial.

Sorry they haven't really helped you, I know the feeling very well

QH's mint mask really resembles french green clay, not just that it's bright green as french clay should be but how it looks & probably feels.
I've thought about using a mud mask rather than clay but apparently the french clay really sucks up the oil & that's really what I need but if I have some milk of magnesia I'll try that first.
later : )

Closed Thread