It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2003, 11:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User
Unhappy Please HELP, my acne is unbeatable!!

I'm 19 and have had acne for 6 years, and am quite convinced that my acne will never go away. In these 6 years, I have tried so many medications. In the last 3 years, I've been on Accutane 3 times!! I just finished my third course at 120mg/day. And what do you know, I'M BREAKING OUT AGAIN already!!! I thought I would get some time "acne-free time" to fade the 50+ red marks on my face (no joke). It's so ridiculus. This is no way for a person to live their life. What can I do? What is there to do? If the strongest acne medication (Accutane) does not work 3 times, can anything stop my acne?? I have pretty much lost all hope.

[This message has been edited by Andrew29 (edited 05-31-2003).]

Old 05-31-2003, 01:35 AM   #2

Hopetimistic HB User
Hi Andrew,

After accutance, I was on topical isotretinoin gel (with a combined antibiotic) which worked great to minimise new zits, and reduce the severity of the few which popped up from time to time. I hardly get new zits these days.

I am now on retin-A gel to reduce comedones on the nose, and believe me, I have only been using it for a few days, and they are about 80% less than what I used to have before.

I am also using 98% aloe vera gel to help skin healing, which is working great so far. So, don't lose hope, it's just a mater of time when you find something that will work wonders for you too. I suffered badly from acne for 10 years before I discovered accutance and isotretinoin.

All the Best.

I am no expert on these matters. Please consult the (supposed) experts, and seek the advice of other people as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2003, 09:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User
Ya I've used Retin-A before. Didn't work for me. Which topical isotretinoin gel was it? Clindamycin? Ya i've used that too. Didn't work either.

Old 05-31-2003, 12:50 PM   #4
Veteran

EMMANUEL HB User
Hope,
Which isotretinoin gel did you use before you switched to retin-A? Also, which retin A are you on(strength,micro?).

Thanks,
Emma

Peace

~*Emma*~

Old 05-31-2003, 01:30 PM   #5
Inactive

Scarred for Life HB User
Question

Have you tried a natural food/low carb diet?

Old 06-02-2003, 02:03 PM   #6
(male)

david76saul HB User
benzamycin gel worked for my acne. And for red marks, go and get a Tca chemical peel their gr8!

Old 06-02-2003, 02:04 PM   #7
(male)

david76saul HB User
benzamycin gel worked for my acne. And for red marks, go and get a Tca chemical peel their gr8!

Old 06-02-2003, 03:32 PM   #8

Hopetimistic HB User
Hi Folks.

Emma/Andrew,

I was using isotretinoin 0.05% gel with 2% erythromycin, sold as Isotrexin gel. I also previously used Isotrex gel which is Isotretinoin 0.05% without erythromycin.

Retin-A Gel has Tretinoin 0.025%. I only started using this a week or so ago for comedones on the nose, and it's been working fine so far. I should however say I use the gels sparingly, and like to give my skin some breathing space of a couple of days every now and then.

I would also advise caution with aloe vera gel which I also use and have recommended, not to over-use it. As some others have suggested on this board, just apply it once daily, or it can cause drying. Vit-A derivatives are drying enough as they are!

All the Best, Folks.

I am no expert on these matters. Please consult the (supposed) experts, and seek the advice of other people as well.

Old 06-02-2003, 04:26 PM   #9
Inactive

A. Cutane HB User
hey, have you tried getting a biopsy to see if its just an allergic reaction? or like i went to my chiropractor once and he did all these tests on me to see what i was allergic to and it turned out i was allergic to foods i didnt even know i was allergic too.. aww good luck! im sorry

Closed Thread