It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
(female)

Pamzer HB User
clogged pores all around nose ... 50 Yrs old

I have never had great skin, and have never been able to get to the bottom of this . When I had a facial, I was told what I have are blackheads. But they are NOT black. When I look in the magnifying mirror, my entire nose and the areas tucked in behind my nostrils ( you know what I mean ) are full of visible pores that have "something " in them. When I pop them out, it is like a little whitish "stick" that comes out , maybe 1/8" long .. not a wet pimple. I exfoliate daily and wash and use a witch hazel toner. These areas seem a little oily , but are often very dry on the surface. How do I get these pores cleaned out ? Is the asprin mask I have been reading about something that will make my skin too dry ? By the way, I get this on my chin also ... I have to stretch the skin tight to see them, but there they are. I can push them out every day, but can never get them all out . Thanks !
~Pam

Last edited by Pamzer; 01-19-2006 at 09:01 PM.

Old 01-19-2006, 11:55 PM   #2
(female)

aquatilly HB User
Re: clogged pores all around nose ... 50 Yrs old

If I were in your position I would most definitely try using Biore strips. They pull the "white bits" out of the pores in specific areas such as the nose and chin. I would do that combined with a good facewash every morning and night. From what it sounds like to me the aspirin mask is great for generalized acne as it reduces the inflammation and redness and dries out the pimples. There are many different kinds of acne, and different things will work for the different kinds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2006, 06:16 AM   #3
(female)

Pamzer HB User

HI. Thanks fo ryou reply. I sounds prety stupid fo ra 50 yr old , don't I ?
I thoguht the biore strips would do it too, but they don;t seem like they have enough "grip: or "bite" ( can't think of a good word). I need somethjing that works in a bit deeper, that's why I was wondering about the aspirin mask. I got the impression also thta it is to use the way you describe. Thanks again.

Old 01-20-2006, 02:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

You should surely try the aspirin mask. It works for me and I know it has worked for many others here aslo. If you are afriad it'll make your skin dry, don't use so many tablets like 5 or 6, use 3 or 4, and rinse it off sooner. Apply a good moisturizer afterwards.

You can also try the Apple Cider Vinegar toner - mix apple cider vinegar with water in the ratio of 1:3.

The aspirin mask is like BHA and the apple cider vinegar toner AHA. Using both AHA/BHA together can help clear clogged pores faster.

Old 01-20-2006, 02:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I second the biore strips
those things are amazing!

Old 01-20-2006, 07:24 PM   #6
(female)

Baby-G HB User

Even though they’re not black, your beautician is right – they are blackheads. It’s because the pores on your nose are enlarged so that what accumulates in them are very visible. I’ve had them for years and the only thing that worked for me was BHA or AHA lotions. However, they are not something I’d like to use for long term as they seemed to “weaken” my skin. You can try using either one of these products on just your nose and chin for a while to see if it helps. Good luck!

Closed Thread