It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2003, 10:25 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
Angry HELP! Need to get rid of big pimple fast

I have a meeting this week and have to get up and talk. But I have this big pimple on my face which has no puss in it. I tried to pop it to see if there was puss deep inside, but there wasn't and now it's swollen. I put some ice on it and the swelling went down, but now I'm back to where I started. I've been using OxyClean with 10% benzoyl peroxide and it's done nothing. What's the fastest and most convenient way of making this thing unnoticeable? No, I won't put makeup on. This meeting couldn't have come at a worse time. How can I get up and talk with this stupid thing on my face?

Old 06-02-2003, 11:04 AM   #2

Christi602 HB User
If I were you I would just go to the dermatologist and get it injected with a cortisone shot. I guess it completely heals big cysts overnight.
But, then again who has time to make the apt., etc.?
I wold just put a thick layer of benzol perox. on it and keep replying it. The b.p. kills acne bacteria and helps to reduce swelling. Just use a 2.5% or 5% formula...it's just as effective as 10%, but without all the extra irritation.
Also, you might want to take some ibuprophen. It will help with inflamation.
I hope this is some help. Try not to worry too much...focus on your meeting. You'll do fine!
Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2003, 11:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
Well I definitely don't have time to go see a dermatologist. I've been washing with benzoyl peroxide soap and I apply the cream several times a day. The 10% doesn't irritate my skin so there's no need to go with something weaker. I'll try the ibuprophen. The meeting will be tough to get through. Maybe I'll talk with my face turned to the side.

Old 06-02-2003, 05:18 PM   #4

kweli HB User
bandaid...say you needed stitches briefly before the talking starts and go on with your business.. you can get those bandaidsthat they use for stitches at the store i believe

Old 06-02-2003, 06:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
If you're really desperate for a quick fix, you could try lancing it with a needle, but be sure you get it all out and put BHA and lots of BP on it afterward. If you don't have BHA, use Neosporin and BP and, yes, Advil!

[This message has been edited by poreoilyme (edited 06-03-2003).]

Old 06-02-2003, 08:47 PM   #6
Inactive

lindanm HB User
Put neosporin on it for a day or two to reduce inflamation, then use BP to dry it up. Size & redness should be reduced overnight.

Neosporin note:
a doctor once told me that bacitracin had fewer potentially irritating ingredients but my family has always used neosporin for injuries. And neosporin comes in cream formulas with analgesics that might help if the cyst is painful.

Closed Thread