It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2003, 08:18 AM   #1

JimC981 HB User
Post what's best for open scars to close up ?

If your like me and sometimes can't resisit the urge to pick at something, even though you KNOW it's gonna look 10 times worse once you do, what's the best topical/gel ect. to put on it to help it close up and heal ??? polysporin ? BP ? or nothing at all ? I have one or two blackheads right on the line of my top lip (but not on my lip, on skin) and I cant' get them out so when they act up I ruin it all and pick at it and it takes FOREVER to close back up and shrink back down again ... I even swab it w/ alcohol some to dry it up and even that doesn't help much ... any advice ???
(In case it's not obvious, I'm having this problem today)

[This message has been edited by JimC981 (edited 06-03-2003).]

Old 06-03-2003, 08:34 AM   #2

tariel HB User
I am in almost the same plight as you. I had this blackhead, but I didn't mess around with it, and now (due to several sleepless nights cramming for the exams) it has inflated into an ugly swell... What am I to do?

Can I just ask what's Polyspiron anyway?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2003, 08:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Neosporin rubbed in several times a day in the early healing stages, and then BP to lighten the scar--this is for open pimples. Never put BHA or alcohol on open pimples except right after they open (to clean the pore out, but BHA is good for blackheads). They exfoliate and will pull the new skin right back off when they start to heal, prolonging the process. Once they are in the later healing stage and no longer open or oozing, however, BHA is great for them.

[This message has been edited by poreoilyme (edited 06-03-2003).]

Old 06-03-2003, 08:46 AM   #4

JimC981 HB User
thanks poreoilyme ... you are always a fountain of very helpful information .. it was your testemant that got me on burts bees lettuce soap ... thanks again

Old 06-03-2003, 09:00 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

sedulous HB User
and ibuprofen, to reduce the swelling. It's amazing how much more tolerable these things become when you can't feel them THUMPIN' on your face 24/7.

Old 06-03-2003, 10:34 AM   #6

livenlearn HB User

one thing i've used when i KNOW i just made an open wound is hydrogen peroxide... just squeeze some over it with a cotton ball, and let it bubble... let it dry though, don't touch it... and a thin scab will form over it... once its dry.. and scabbed put neosporin/polysporin on it... works like a charm... it takes a couple days to heal... but, it scabs up immediately with the peroxide

Old 06-03-2003, 11:20 AM   #7

JimC981 HB User
hey, that sounds like a pretty good way to do it .. I'll give it a try ... I just wish I could get the blackhead outta there so it won't be a problem anymore... the area around my upper lip is a bad place 4 me to get blackheads that just won't budge.. in the meantime I'll just quit messing with it so the redness and soreness will go away ... feels like a cold sore but it's definetly a blackhead !

Closed Thread