It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2003, 04:15 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
Cool hey laur...

hey,
i was just wondering how all the treatment is going (azelex acid, etc.)...i just had a visit with my derm. today and he picked the hell out of my face...i got a shot and tons of little bumps picked at and now my face has scabs and red huge marks all over it and he even aggravated a couple of pus heads...hopefully they will heal soon....he said the stuff i was using wasn't strong enough so he swithced me to Clinac BPO (benzoyl peroxide/clinac OC) we will see if that works..i start the estrogen and sprio on friday...that's it for me now...i am just in pain and miserable...hope you are doing better..
-M.

Old 06-03-2003, 04:52 PM   #2
Veteran

laur HB User
I'm sorry for you having to go through that today. You poor thing to have someone else picking at your face. Did it hurt?....I hope that the spiro and estrogen combination help you. It may take awhile, but hopefully you'll see improvement within a short time. The waiting is awful isn't it?? I've never been on Clinac BPO. I thought I had tried it all, but must have missed this one along the way Is that the only topical he has you on now??
As far as the azeleic acid 15%, it's bringing junk to the surface now and I hope I make it through!!! LOL I wish I KNEW FOR SURE that on the other side of this awful breakout is my old face...the plain ordinary clear skinned me. But I guess this will be a gamble like everything else has been. I am still taking the accutane twice per week...and STILL tempted to increase it. Derm told me I could, but I am trying sooooo hard not to. I keep thinking I should to bring out this junk quicker though! I STOPPED the tazorac. TOO drying and after 12 weeks, did not much. Hope I'm not making a mistake, but I'm trying to eliminate everything except the azeleic acid. The other stuff was too harsh. So in the last 2 weeks, I've stopped spironolactone and tazorac. Still taking the yasmin though. Don't want to give up the benefits that it has helped in the rest of my body!! I Currently have TONS of bumps under the skin, Oil filled pimples and hard nodules. I talked to the old derm yesterday, (since I DID NOT like the new one and his rotten matter of fact bedside manner).......and anyway, this initial breakout from the azeleic acid he expected and he said it should last another week or two. SURE, where have I heard THAT before??? I remember being all excited about Tazorac, benzamycin, retin A, Avita, CP serum, and the list goes on and on and on..........

Anyway, for now, the waiting to see part of this is awful. I feel like it occupies my mind 24/7. My body is sooo mixed up. The new derm I saw last week said that this could be a manifestation of lupus in my skin....still acne, but caused by a problematic immune system. GEE, YA THINK ?!?!? That much I already figured out on my own!! So I paid him $150 for "his perspective" from across the room, while he was writing down what I SHOULD be using. In that 2 seconds he diagnosed me......unbelievable, huh??
I will continue to check in on your progress and pray that you find the way to get rid of this. I know its been a long road for you with a lot of speed bumps, and that's how I feel too, but hopefully, we are BOTH headed in the right direction now.!!

Dsheldon, and deedee, since I know you check in on all of us so often, I just wanted to say thanks. Your advice is always appreciated even if we are a little slow to take it!!....Me especially I listened FINALLY and decided to slowly drop a few things. I got rid of spiro 2 weeks ago, because after 9 months I didn't really see anything much different except extremely tight and dry skin... and I got rid of the HARSH tazorac just yesterday. I hope so much that this azeleic acid 15% finacea stuff works for me. It's hard to be positive you know??

L

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2003, 05:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
L,
well, I do hope that the azelex is going to work great for you...and i know giving your body a rest from all the drugs is helpful. I used to give my body a rest from acne antibiotics back in the day when i had peaches and cream skin (oh, how i miss those days)....I hope the tazorac works for me and this new clinac BPO, but just my luck it probably won't (but i will try to stay positve...even that is hard these days). My face is in pain still, and I even have cysts popping up where my doctor wrecked my face. I don't know if I mentioned earlier, but I have two derm's working together on me to make sure things go right, but the girl just had a baby (congrats) the only problem is that she was the gentle one with my skin and never hurt me when she poked, and she won't be back for 2-3 months and he just hurt me and made me ten times worse! ARG!!!! I guess I have to never let him do that again. By the way, how is your hair??? Mine, I feel, is still falling out. I am just so stressed that nothing seems to take my mind off of my face...every five minutes i am either blotting my face, it hurts, or i am in the mirror checking to see what new friend just appeared. I just want this hellish nightmare to end soon and they have all told me that it is going to be a long haul. I just wish makeup up would help, but it doesn't and it is fruitless to try to put makeup on when using tazorac (the peely skin doesn't look attractive). ok, well, enough of me babbling....I will check in soon (probably tomorrow, heck i check every ten minutes)...good luck and keep me posted...you are definitely in my prayers!

Thank you too to all who help and give advice..Laur is right, we always appreciate it!
-M

Old 06-03-2003, 05:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
Laur, I don't know how you've even made it this far.If I had to deal with all that you've had to deal with and aggrivated by the Lupus, I think I would have gave up a long time ago and just lived in the dark.I also never believed in miracles until it happened to me.I suffered with a horrible case of Urticaria for 15 years and many many times I was so miserable all I thought about was how I couldn't wait to die to end all the suffering,the last 5 years was sooo bad that I was bound to stop it once and for all and through lots of research and experimenting I have finally got rid off them 100%.I hope you will someday find what works for you.I never thought I would figure out all my problems and ways to solve them but I did .I never believed that after having acne for 20 years that I would someday find a cure but I did.Don't give up hope.

Old 06-03-2003, 06:49 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
hey D,
you should read my horror story about accutane...it is pretty bad and every day i feel like dying so it would just be over too...i know how you feel! My post about it is in the lupus board with Laur...take a look at it and let me know what you think (it is posted by me)

Closed Thread