It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2003, 04:49 PM   #1

Umagurl HB User
Post Breakout after working out

I am very lazy with my face, but if I dont wash after working out, is the risk of getting pimples worse, than if I just dont work out go to bed and not wash?

Old 06-03-2003, 05:44 PM   #2

Oinkoink HB User
I would think it is about the same/a bit worse... after a work out all of that sweat is sitting on your skin and though it evaporates, it most likely creates oil on the skin which will clog your pores... if you don't wash, then during the night as your skin repairs itself and you have your face against a pillow, if it isn't clean, bacteria and clogged skin will probably happen, as well as your pillow will "collect" more dead skin and bacteria than if you had washed. I would suggest just running a little bit of a gentle cleanser over your face after you work out, and rinsing really really well, a bunch of splashes, and then you shouldn't need a toner- it would be quick and easy, you'd just need a sink (if you work out at a gym). Also, make sure you wash your hands before you touch your face, to not transmit bacteria and dirt (especially at the gym!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2003, 08:51 PM   #3

Tinkerbell03 HB User
My dermatologist gave me very few recommendations, however, she made it a point with me to wash my face after exercising. She said it's a really good idea to wash your face within a half an hour after exercising. :-)

Closed Thread