It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2003, 03:09 PM   #1

kweli HB User
Exclamation Clinac BPO or Azelex??HELP

Ok.. I am on Clindamycin Pledgetes(pads) in the mourning...at night I put on Differin...now I am wondering should I switch Clindamycin to Clinac BPO or should I get Azelex to mix with my differin at night which some people said they have been doing....I really need help on this.. I want to help maintain less breakouts but they are occuring again...also...Gylcolic Acid, is that good to use? My derm said she can prescribe me a Glycolic Acid face wash, a gentle one..thanks everybody hope to see some replies since i usually dont get many

Old 06-04-2003, 03:30 PM   #2
Veteran

laur HB User
Well, I have only been using the azeleic acid 15% for two weeks so I can't comment well on that, but I have used MD forte glycolic cleanser for about 4 - 5 years now. I guess I like it but don't leave it on too long or it will burn a bit. It will make your face a little pink and tends to exfoliate gently, but when my skin is very dry from the topicals it seems a bit too harsh. Haven't changed to another cleanser because I wouldn't know what to try. Do you have acne that comes "out" easily?? Or is it "under the skin" for awhile?? I have had some under the skin for approx 4 -5 months or so. What a nightmare..they just sit there and look red and feel hard. I guess that's why he's trying the azeleic acid, to kill bacteria and bring them up quicker. Just another in a LONG line of topicals I've tried.

L

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread