It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2003, 04:33 PM   #1

JimC981 HB User
Post for poreoilyme

just a quick question... when I get PC 1% BHA, how should I start with it ??? I've never tried BHA before ... I use the wild lettuce soap, BP at night and AHA during the day ... I like the idea of BHA with BP at night ... but should I use BHA during the day ? or just stick to AHA ? BP tends to make me burn during the day ... will I break out at first since my pores are still clogged and I've never used BHA before ???

Old 06-04-2003, 04:49 PM   #2

JimC981 HB User
bump

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2003, 05:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
To really get into those pores and clear them out, especially if blackheads are your problem, you could use BHA both day (alone, without the BP too if you want)and night, but it might be too much for your skin. AHA only works on the surface, so if you want to do that alone during the day and just BHA with BP at night that'll be fine too. The best thing is to experiment and see what works best for you. I'd probably do the BHA and BP at night and the AHA during the day for starters and see how that goes. I have never broken out from BHA and my pores were really clogged. It's not a bad idea if the sebum in your pores start softening and working their way to the surface, to gently push it out, followed immediately by BHA and BP. You should do this at night. I find if I just let it all sit without nudging the easily removable plugs I just prolong the process. PC's BHA is really good at cleaning and restoring your skin back from the redness from pushing. In the morning, you won't be able to tell you removed anything as far as redness, but your pores will look much cleaner and smaller.

I don't know if it's the BHA or the B5 or both doing this, but now my pores are clearing themselves very well with no pushing, but I did have to initially have just one pushing session.

Caution: never push or squeeze anything deeply embedded, more than once or twice, or with anything more than very gentle pressure.

[This message has been edited by poreoilyme (edited 06-04-2003).]

Old 06-04-2003, 06:00 PM   #4

JimC981 HB User
thanx 4 the helpful info ... I am dying to get the blackheads and clogs from my pores without squeezing and picking ... I hope BHA does the trick ... it's like the BP is killing what I've got ... and I need something (BHA) to prevent it from happening (clear pores) ... anyway , thanx again for your advice

Closed Thread