For blemishes, which OTC product works? Help! I have an important event to go to this Sunday and i need these blemishes to disappear quickly . I been seeing my dermo but occasionally though. They seem to come and go. And i'm tired of spending on expensive prescriptions.
Use the aspirin mask! It works better and faster than any over-the-counter treatment. I read about it on the this board; if you do a word search for aspirin mask on the Acne board, you'll find a lot of discussion about it.
I bought a bottle of 500 plain uncoated aspirin for $3.00. I put some aspirin in a bowl and put just a dab of hot water on them (as little water as possible ... just enough to make the aspirin wet). The result is a gritty paste. I scrub my face with it and then leave it on for a while. It may start to flake off as it dries but I try to sit or lie down during that time -- or at least not to move around too much. Then I use warm water to scrub the mask again and rinse it off.
My skin is so soft afterward. Any pimples are MUCH smaller and disappear after a few of these treatments. With time, the aspirin mask also lightens acne scars.
You can also leave a big dab of this on any pimples to really dry them up overnight.
1. This works best with totally uncoated aspirin; the cheapest generic kind you can find is the best.
2. Some people use witch hazel or rubbing alcohol instead of hot water to mix with the aspirin.
3. I use 15-20 aspirin at a time, but some people use as little as 3-4 aspirin. It all depends on how much skin you want to cover.
4. It works great on my neck and hands too.
5. I leave it on for 20-30 minutes, although some people leave it on for as little as 5-10 minutes.
6. Some people are allergic to aspirin and shouldnt use this mask.
I also use the aspirin mask and find it works well. But If I have a particular problem spot, after the aspirin mask, I put a dab of Queen Helene Mint Julup Mask on the pimple before I go to sleep and leave it on overnight. I find that it helps dry the pimple out rather quickly.
Where can I find an Asprin mask? Is it in stores or what? And also, what can I put on my face before putting a SPF 15 moisturizer(doesn't clog pores) on in the morning to treat my entire face to prevent blemishes from forming in inside my pores? HELP AGAIN!