Re: Works fast
Use the aspirin mask! It works better and faster than any over-the-counter treatment. I read about it on the this board; if you do a word search for aspirin mask on the Acne board, you'll find a lot of discussion about it.
I bought a bottle of 500 plain uncoated aspirin for $3.00. I put some aspirin in a bowl and put just a dab of hot water on them (as little water as possible ... just enough to make the aspirin wet). The result is a gritty paste. I scrub my face with it and then leave it on for a while. It may start to flake off as it dries but I try to sit or lie down during that time -- or at least not to move around too much. Then I use warm water to scrub the mask again and rinse it off.
My skin is so soft afterward. Any pimples are MUCH smaller and disappear after a few of these treatments. With time, the aspirin mask also lightens acne scars.
You can also leave a big dab of this on any pimples to really dry them up overnight.
1. This works best with totally uncoated aspirin; the cheapest generic kind you can find is the best.
2. Some people use witch hazel or rubbing alcohol instead of hot water to mix with the aspirin.
3. I use 15-20 aspirin at a time, but some people use as little as 3-4 aspirin. It all depends on how much skin you want to cover.
4. It works great on my neck and hands too.
5. I leave it on for 20-30 minutes, although some people leave it on for as little as 5-10 minutes.
6. Some people are allergic to aspirin and shouldnt use this mask.
Last edited by Afterglow; 02-10-2006 at 07:07 AM.