It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2003, 02:23 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Question Catch 21 Situation Urgent Advice Needed

At the moment my acne has cleared from my face and decided to make residence on my neck.
This is a real big problem for me as i already have an ongoing problem on my neck Dermatitas.
The skin on my neck can be very red and sore at times and very very flaky,so as you can imagine acne products will only make this condition worse.
I stopped using B.P in that area a few weeks ago and now my acne has broken out pretty big time on my neck,my face remains clear as i continue to use the B.P there without a problem.
Do you guys think i should restart using the B.P 5% on my neck area and moisturize afterwards as acne on my neck makes shaving really so awkward.
Your advice would be appreciated as i am at my wits end as what to do at this current moment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2003, 02:41 PM   #2
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
I suggest trying a 2.5% solution.. I hear its just as effective as the 10%, but much less drying. I forget whats its called.. something on the spot acne treatment...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2003, 04:46 PM   #3

JLove112 HB User
Wink

all i have to say is....Catch 22!

------------------
"now i know that the skin just veils the soul"

Old 06-05-2003, 06:35 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

sedulous HB User
2.5% works for me. Neutrogena makes one- "on the spot acne treatment" if that's available in the UK. When my neck broke out, i tried everything and nothing cleared it...until i just left it alone and made sure to keep it clean. My face works the opposite though.

Old 06-05-2003, 08:29 AM   #5

iwannacookie HB User
have you tried using a mask on your neck? maybe you should try one that has colloidal oatmeal or one that is supposed to help with dry itchy skin. then try applying ointments or aloe vera that are meant for sunburn. i had a rash on my face once and this worked for me.

Closed Thread