It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2006, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

Harambee HB User
small bumps = acne scars?? - microdermabrasion

hi all

yesterday i went to the derm and found out that the small bumps all over my chin are acne scars?! i don't have acne (any new pimples) on my chin. apparently this is just how my skin healed.

does anyone else have this type of acne scarring (small bumps all over acne area)

to get rid of these bumps...my derm suggested microdermabrasion. anyone have any luck with that for of treatment?
i am eager to start the sessions if they are going to help...but just want to know how it has worked for other ppl before jumping in.

i don't want it getting any worse.

suggestion of treatments? or opinions on microdermabrasion?

Last edited by Harambee; 02-11-2006 at 01:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2006, 02:01 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

getting_through HB User
Re: small bumps = acne scars?? - microdermabrasion

Yep, its amazing. Mircodermabrasion is my best friend
It helps your skin and those scars left over from acne. You'll see the results after twice or three times a month of use.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2006, 02:15 PM   #3
(female)

marzotto HB User

I think that i have those small bumps, the only difference is that i still get acne. The bumps never seem to go away and they look lik they could become acne but never do, and only recently have gotten tons of them.Maybe i should get to a dermatologist, but it scares me lol. I just had one question for both of you. How much is microdermabrasion? per session etc...

Old 02-11-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
(female)

Harambee HB User

hey 'getting through' - thanks for replying. question - do you just a home kit for you microdermabrasion...or do you go to get it done professionally?
also, i was wondering...how does it leave your skin immediately after the treatment? b/c my derm was saying that it takes the top layer of skin off...which sounds painful and likely to leave an inflammed area for quite a while.

marzotto - the bumps are horrible aren't they? i just want to get rid of them. at my derm office they offer 5 treatments for $700. quite expensive! but i'll be willing to spend it if it works.
what part of your face do you have the bumps?

Closed Thread