It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2006, 06:10 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

lexla HB User
One pimple thats been here for 4 months?!

Ok so I have been on accutane 5 months now and love it. The only pimple i have left right now is on my chin, and its been there for 4 months now. For the past 4 months though, it wasnt noticable except to me when i washed. All of the sudden, It is visible and kind of painful. I am about 6 hours away from my derm. and cant get back to him to see it, and I sure dont want it! I have been trying to put ice on it, but that doesnt work much. Any ideas on what to do or how long it may take to go away? Thanks so much~

Old 02-14-2006, 06:25 AM   #2
(female)

Lilly10 HB User
Re: One pimple thats been here for 4 months?!

Wow a pimple for 4 months. If you are to far away to go see your derm perhaps you could call the office and speak with your derm or the assistant. Maybe since it is now becoming painful the end of this 4 month pimple is in sight. I have never been on accutane so not sure what you can and cant do but perhaps try sleeping with a little mint julep mask on it that may help dry it out. I bet it will go away soon but I can imagine it is pretty frustrating.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2006, 06:50 AM   #3
(female)

lala887 HB User

Hey Lexla...on my first round of Accutane I started getting a bunch of breakouts on the right side of my face around the jaw line. The worst thing is that these bumps stayed there for about as long as your one pimple has been there...maybe even longer. It completely sucks cause no matter what you do, the bumps are still there. I kept trying to pop them and get all the stuff out so they would go away and I tried putting cream on them too,but nothing worked. Not to mention that they looked horrible and itched really badly because they were so dry. I just wanted to scratch my face off at times. I just had to give Accutane time for it to work, and eventually the pimples turned into scabs and then into scars, and now the scars are pretty much gone. I don't even notice them anymore. Sorry I don't really have any products or suggestions to offer you except to not give up on the Accutane and eventually over time your pimple will go away. Good luck!

Old 02-14-2006, 04:04 PM   #4
(male)

kdogg HB User

once again lex i right with you i have about 2 right next to eachother on my neck and they have been there since the start of the course...................im going to my derm 2morrow and i will make sure i talk to him about those damn things!!!

But.....the good news is i also had one on my other side of my neck and it finally in the last week has faded and is now gone so i dunno what the deal is with these damn things....i have tried everything include neosporin and i think its best to just let them dry up.....ill let u know when i talk to the derm!

Old 02-14-2006, 04:09 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

lexla HB User

Thanks Kdogg, yeah deff let me know. I think it is just a realllllly old pimple that had started to heal and formed into a cyst-like thing that only I could feel, but no one could see. Now I think it must be forming and going to be going away soon. I hope. lol Let me know what your derm says, Thanks!

Old 02-14-2006, 04:19 PM   #6
(male)

evan671 HB User

I have a cyst thats been on my right jawline for the last year and 3 months. Steroid injections shrink it but never seem to fix it for good.

Closed Thread