It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2006, 09:53 PM   #1

lexus3902 HB User
Lush products

has anyone heard of Lush Fresh handmade cosmetics? I am so frustrated. I did accutane for four months or so when i was 16, I just turned 22 and also just finished a six month cycle of accutane mid december. freshman year (age 19) of college i went on birth control, i broke out horribly but it started to clear up when i stopped (ortho trycyclen). This past june (age 21) i started Estro-Step brand birth control right when i started accutane. Now that the accutane is out of my system i am starting to break out again. I dont want to stop birth control because it is convenient. I feel like i'm never going to be able to use birth control and have clear skin. depressing and frustrating. My boyfriend has perfect baby skin and always has (he's 24) so he doesnt really understand the skin thing. ugggg. .

Old 02-15-2006, 07:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

amy2705 HB User
Re: Lush products

Have you tried Diane-35 (Dianette)? It's the only birth control that hasn't made me break out.

As for Lush products - I'd stay away from it! The face stuff made me break out horribly and some of the body stuff gave me a rash. I talked to some of my girl friends and several of them had problems with it too. I'm not sure what it is about the stuff!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2006, 06:59 PM   #3
(male)

iceboi HB User

They have an FABULOUS FACE MASKS!!

For acne sufferers check out their Cosmetic Warrior Bio Fresh Mask as well as their Love Lettuce Bio Fresh or Mask of Magnaminty.

Not only do these masks help to prevent acne they help to kill of what you have. These can be used alone but no immediate reults will be seen if you combine it with a regimen.

The other skin care stuff I like are also Coal Face Soap if you have oily skin this sucks up the oil likr crazy but leaves your face with a matte finished. Herbalism is also a good cleanser but they no longer have since its discontinued. Everything else I have not tried but I already am using Clear and smooth and seeing reults!!!!

Old 03-20-2006, 07:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

amy2705 HB User

Noticed you're in Canada. I'm in Canada too... so thought I'd mention Neostrata (Neostrata Canada - the American Neostrata is different). Have you tried their acne line? It's all glycolic based. Available at Shopper's. I've been using it about 5-6 weeks now and seeing fantastic results. As good as when i did accutane.

Old 03-21-2006, 05:53 PM   #5
(female)

IcyDestiny HB User

hey amy or iceboi i was wondering if u knew any products that would help fade red scars away? im in canada as well plz reply thanks

Old 03-21-2006, 05:54 PM   #6
(female)

IcyDestiny HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceboi
They have an FABULOUS FACE MASKS!!

For acne sufferers check out their Cosmetic Warrior Bio Fresh Mask as well as their Love Lettuce Bio Fresh or Mask of Magnaminty.

Not only do these masks help to prevent acne they help to kill of what you have. These can be used alone but no immediate reults will be seen if you combine it with a regimen.

The other skin care stuff I like are also Coal Face Soap if you have oily skin this sucks up the oil likr crazy but leaves your face with a matte finished. Herbalism is also a good cleanser but they no longer have since its discontinued. Everything else I have not tried but I already am using Clear and smooth and seeing reults!!!!
is clear and smooth only available online or on ebay?

Old 03-21-2006, 07:39 PM   #7
(male)

iceboi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyDestiny
hey amy or iceboi i was wondering if u knew any products that would help fade red scars away? im in canada as well plz reply thanks
Sorry I do not know since I TOO am looking for a product for it to fade them as well. I heard about Vitamin E Oil, Rosehip Oil for redmarks and Neosporin or Mederma for scars. But only use these products if you don't have active acne. I still breakout so I can't use these products. Hope that helps. You can check out taking Vitamin E internally i'm doing that and seeing light results but Carley's Smooth seems to be helping the fade as well.

Old 03-21-2006, 07:42 PM   #8
(male)

iceboi HB User

Quote:
is clear and smooth only available online or on ebay?
The Carley's Clear and smooth is avilable both online and Ebay. But thats the same thing since they are both online. What I like about ordering from them is the shipping is super fast as well if you don't like the product a full money back can be issued shipping included. So try it out

Old 03-21-2006, 08:34 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

amy2705 HB User

Quote:
Hi there!

I'm a huge fan of Neostrata. I've been using their microdermabrasion kit (available at shoppers). It cleared up my red marks after about a month of using it 2x/week (saw inprovements before that tho). The kit is about $50 (lasted me ~2 months using it twice a week). A bit expensive - but after all the $$ I've wasted on crappy products, I thought it was worth it to see results.

Might be worth a try. I didn't have any permanent red marks tho - just the kind that take ages to fade. So, I'm not sure if it will totally clear up permanent marks... maybe worth a try?

Good Luck
And let us know how it goes with whatever you try

Old 03-22-2006, 12:46 PM   #10
(male)

iceboi HB User

I've used Neostrata before and it did give me only TEMPORARY RESULTS. I did like the feeling when i used the Glycolic Face wash and their sunscreen lotion. Overall., It's TOO EXPENSIVE honestly and there's no money back which sucks. I liked Proactiv as well but it gave me bad breakouts whenever I just start to use it or when I quit and comeback it gives me bad reults then it gives me good for a while and my skin becomes immune to it. The best thing is Money back. Since I am soooo TIRED of wasting money on products that don't work and I feel I wasted a bundle of money. If there's money back then I feel I didn't waste money but just my time!!

Old 03-22-2006, 02:57 PM   #11
(female)

jbenyo04 HB User

Hi everyone, I have had extreme acne problems for years (I am 26 and it is as problematic as ever) and have just started on Levaquin, which is helping a lot. However, it is a powerful antibiotic, so I am worried about long-term effects of taking it daily.

I am going to try the clear & smooth, but also I have seen online an herbal supplement called acne gone and was wondering if anyone has tried that. I would like to switch to something natural if it works.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

Old 03-22-2006, 04:27 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

amy2705 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceboi
I've used Neostrata before and it did give me only TEMPORARY RESULTS. I did like the feeling when i used the Glycolic Face wash and their sunscreen lotion. Overall., It's TOO EXPENSIVE honestly and there's no money back which sucks. I liked Proactiv as well but it gave me bad breakouts whenever I just start to use it or when I quit and comeback it gives me bad reults then it gives me good for a while and my skin becomes immune to it. The best thing is Money back. Since I am soooo TIRED of wasting money on products that don't work and I feel I wasted a bundle of money. If there's money back then I feel I didn't waste money but just my time!!
Humm ... that's worrying! I've only been using the Neostrata for a couple months - on the recommendation of my derm (I didn't really need an Rx any more but was still getting mild acne breakouts). Hopefully the results will keep up! (fingers crossed). Thanks for the warning!

Just wanted to mention that I get the Neostrata at Shoppers Drug Mart rather than direct from Neostrata on-line. You're right that there's no money back if you order online, but Shoppers does give money back if you have the receipt

Old 03-22-2006, 04:39 PM   #13
(female)

IcyDestiny HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy2705
Humm ... that's worrying! I've only been using the Neostrata for a couple months - on the recommendation of my derm (I didn't really need an Rx any more but was still getting mild acne breakouts). Hopefully the results will keep up! (fingers crossed). Thanks for the warning!

Just wanted to mention that I get the Neostrata at Shoppers Drug Mart rather than direct from Neostrata on-line. You're right that there's no money back if you order online, but Shoppers does give money back if you have the receipt
hmm ive heard of neutrogena's microdermabrasion kit but my mom says that it makes your skin thinner and more sensitive in the end. this neostrata is it different?

Old 03-23-2006, 09:45 PM   #14
(male)

iceboi HB User

Here's my current Regimen:

Morning:
Wash face with Warm water
Use LUSH Coal Face Bar Soap (This soap absorbs oil and has a bit of exfoliation process to it) Leave on for about 2 mins before I wash off
Use Thayer's Alcohol Free Aloe Vera Toner
Carley's Daytime Lotion

Evening/Night time:
Carley's Soap and leave the lather on for about 30 seconds
Carley's Clear and Smooth Treatment Scrub leave on for 1-2 mins before rinse it off
Carley's Soap again lather leave on for 1-2 minutes
Pat Face dry and wet hands and squirt out dime size Carley's Day time Lotion

1-2 times weekly: LUSH Cosmetic Warrior Bio-Fresh All Natural Mask or LUSH Mask of Magnaminty.

For a deep cleanse I do the masks. I know this is a lot to do and I will be cutting off some products as soon as I finish them. The Thayer's Toner and masks will be cut off from regimen as soon as I finish them. So my Refimen is less. Less is BEST!!

Closed Thread