It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2003, 10:45 AM   #1

glowstickchick HB User
Question what is this??

Did anyone ever have a pimple that lasted a really long time. I have this pimple that has been on my nose since December. But I really don't think it is a pimple but what else could it be? It has become smaller but it's still there. How do I get it to go away?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2003, 11:17 AM   #2
Veteran

Aaron43 HB User
I've had cystic acne that lasted for about 3 months. That is as bad as it gets, I think.

In those situations, the doctor usually injects a shot into the pimple to totally flatten it within 48 hours.

But in your case, somthing that has been there since December, thats over 6 months - I doubt it is a single pimple.

It might be a recurring cystic that never ends. Check w/ the derm and if it is a zit - a shot will make it go away in 48 hours.

By the way - does it hurt? If not, then there is no deep skin inflamation - therefore - not a CYST.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2003, 11:27 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sedulous HB User
i've had some small clogged pores that have been around for months at a time, same with cysts that stick around and vary in their degree of inflammation and infection. i find the best thing for them is some sort of exfoliant, like AHA or BHA.
i have just gone to town and squeezed a couple, and the result wasn't good- i ended up with a really enlarged pore.

Old 06-05-2003, 11:42 AM   #4
Veteran

laur HB User
currently I have at least 15 that have been on my face under the skin since approx January or so. Maybe even December but I can't remember. I have tried tazorac which ripped my skin to shreds even while not using it over night. Now I am using azeleic acid...finacea 15%...and I am not sure if it is helping or not. I Pray it will, but then again, I thought the tazorac was working for awhile. I also use glycolic facial cleanser (have for 5 years or so) and I still get them stuck under there......

I hate them too!

L

Old 06-05-2003, 12:08 PM   #5

MysteryGrl HB User
I had one of these on my cheek...it was there for a month before I got in injected but a few weeks after the injection, it came back but only to about half the size it was before. I finally got it reinjected yesterday and after 3 months of this thing being here, it's finally gone. Get an injection if you can, they're well worth it.

Old 06-05-2003, 10:28 PM   #6

glowstickchick HB User
Question

No it doesn't hurt...I was using something before but it started ripping away the skin on my nose so I stopped using it..it is going away...an it has a little dot on it...not like a white head but something that looks like u can pop and puss will come out

Closed Thread