It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2006, 01:10 PM   #1
(female)

DR Diva HB User
Question Even skin tone

I would like to know what product can I use to even out my discolorations on my forehead due to pimples that were once there, I went to the dermatologist and now I have the pimple thing under control but like i'm still in my teens is not such a good idea for me to go into peels and things like that. So what I'm basically looking for is a good toner to help me even my skin without whitening it or me having to bleach my skin. I am a really light tan color so bleaching my skin isn't the best option. What product can I use to help me even out my skin tone? I've read about neutrogena I'm just not sure with so many products out there, I have an importan event to assist to in at least three months and I'm still working on whitening a mark that I have on my nose due to a popped pimple so I want to start this treatment now.

Old 02-21-2006, 03:06 PM   #2
(female)

EscarlyT HB User
Re: Even skin tone

Same here ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2006, 10:13 PM   #3
(female)

DR Diva HB User

anyone that can suggest anything?

Old 02-21-2006, 11:48 PM   #4
(female)

___vintaqe HB User

I used to have a really bad problem with my skin tone, too. I saw a commerical for Aveeno, and thought eh, might as well try it. I started with a nightly regiment.

1. Wash - Positively radiant cleanser.
2. Toner - mix 1/2 lemon juice - [mix it into a container, it should last about a month]. If you have sensitive skin, try using an orange instead.
3. Moisturize - Positively radiant moisturizing lotion.
4. Body wash [for showering] - Positively radiant body wash.

Also, if your skin tone is really awful, try taking a multi-vitamin with the regiment. It evened out my skin tone within 2 weeks. G'luck!

Old 02-22-2006, 06:28 AM   #5
(female)

volcomrxy21 HB User

those aveeno positively radiant cleansing pads are incredible!!!!!!

i started using them a couple weeks ago and my boyfriend commented on how even my skintone was

they work wonderfully

Old 02-22-2006, 08:14 PM   #6
(female)

DR Diva HB User

would this aveeno product help tone in discolorations without bleaching or whitening my skin?

Old 02-22-2006, 10:22 PM   #7
(female)

DR Diva HB User

thanks by the way!

Old 02-22-2006, 11:09 PM   #8
(female)

___vintaqe HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Diva
would this aveeno product help tone in discolorations without bleaching or whitening my skin?
There is no need for bleaching or whitening your skin, that's way over the top. Aveeno is actually MOSTLY all natural products. I found an article, maybe this will help.

A variety of conditions can cause discolorations in your skin. A common type of skin discolorations is post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH), which may appear as dark or red spots in areas where you have had a blemish. These marks may be more apparent in people of color. Certain acne treatments that are very drying can also cause these blemish marks and even excessive scrubbing of sensitive skin may lead to blemish marks. Last, the effects of the sun can also cause skin discolorations, uneven skin tone and brown spots, so it's important to use a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen on both sunny and cloudy days when outdoors.

Skin discolorations and uneven skin tone caused by blemish marks and brown spots can be greatly improved by using products containing natural soy, which is scientifically proven to improve skin tone and texture.

Skin discolorations and uneven skin tone caused by blemish marks and brown spots can be greatly improved by using products containing natural soy, which is scientifically proven to improve skin tone and texture. AVEENO® Clear Complexion Correcting Treatment with an exclusive Total Soy Complex is clinically proven to visibly reduce dark or red marks left behind by blemishes, while it also helps clear up breakouts. If your skin discolorations is caused by brown spots, AVEENO® POSITIVELY RADIANT® line of cleansers and moisturizers utilizes the naturally active benefits of soy to even out skin tone and texture.

Sun protection is important to maintain improvement and AVEENO® offers two facial moisturizers that offer sun protection. POSITIVELY RADIANT® Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15 contains an exclusive Total Soy Complex and Natural Light Diffusers and is clinically proven to help naturally even out skin tone and immediately reflect light to bring out skin's natural radiance while providing essential sun protection. Skin Brightening Daily Treatment with SPF 15 contains Vitamins A, C and soy extract and delivers multiple benefits including evening skin tone, visibly reducing fine lines and wrinkles, while providing broad UVA/UVB sunscreen protection.

Source: Pandya AG, Guevara IL. Disorders of hyperpigmentation. Derm Clin 2000;18:91-97.

Old 02-24-2006, 03:36 PM   #9
(female)

EscarlyT HB User

I've heard alot about these products, Worth a shot

Closed Thread