It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2003, 12:24 PM   #1
Veteran

stasia12 HB User
Lightbulb burt's bees, again

well-has occurred to me that horrible breakout may not be due to burt's but instead to use of jojoba oil as moisturizer after washing with burt's, since even eating oily foods makes me break out if it gets on my face. Therefore am going to keep using burt's lettuce soap and moisturize if needed with Neutrogena's Sensitive skin moisturizer and will keep you all posted.

Old 06-05-2003, 12:37 PM   #2

JimC981 HB User
thanks stasia ... I am on week 3 of my burts bees lettuce soap and things are doing fine ... in fact, I just went to my local organic/healthfood store and bought 2 more bars ... hope things work out 4 you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2003, 12:53 PM   #3

kevdude HB User
sorry, i just fail to understand why people with oily/acne skin needs to moisturise. To me, the 4 hours after getting out the shower is the best for me. Having dry, unshiney skin. I tried moisturizing and it made me break out a bit. I think its half psyhchological cause i just don't feel comfortable having a film of oil on my face as oppose to having it breathe.

Old 06-05-2003, 01:21 PM   #4

JimC981 HB User
I have those mixed feelings too ... on one hand oil causes breakouts (sometimes) and when I moisturize I feel like I'm "feeding" the acne .. on the other hand, though, I've been told that you kinda have to "trick" your face ... when it's too dry it makes more oil come out to compensate and you'll break out .. supposedly if you moisturize the right way your skin won't produce excess oil ... I'm not sure which ones true ..

Old 06-05-2003, 03:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
I liked the skin toning effects of jojoba, but I quit using it too. I couldn't take the oily film it left on my face, and I just couldn't get past the idea that it might cause blackheads in the long run. I'm doing fine without it. The BHA is enough to keep my face at an even balance of moisture without getting too dry or too oily.

Old 06-05-2003, 11:47 PM   #6
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User

I have not found burt bee's wild lettuce soap bar yet. ahhhh, i have these weird looking skin.. some brown spots and red pimples and a couple of blemishes.. uneven skin tone.. aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!
i cried all day.

Will a Mother's Market have it? Or Trader's Joe?

Thanks

Old 06-06-2003, 12:47 AM   #7

aliasfan1981 HB User
I would think that southern California would be a good place to find Burt's Bees. I'm sure that many stores in your area supply it. You should look on the Burt's Bees website to locate a store.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:17 AM   #8

chemicaldreamer HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by kevdude:
sorry, i just fail to understand why people with oily/acne skin needs to moisturise. To me, the 4 hours after getting out the shower is the best for me. Having dry, unshiney skin. I tried moisturizing and it made me break out a bit. I think its half psyhchological cause i just don't feel comfortable having a film of oil on my face as oppose to having it breathe.
Because if your skin is too dry, then your glands go into overdrive and actually produces more oil.

Old 06-06-2003, 05:34 AM   #9

JimC981 HB User
I found out that Burts Bees is made right here in my home town of Raleigh Durham, NC ... their factory is right down the road from my house And there are ALOT of stores that carry it in my area ... try doing a search w/ your zipcode on BB website .. it tells you the closest place 2 get it

Closed Thread