It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2003, 12:07 PM   #1
asabour

Post going to see the derm, what to ask for?

I'm going to see the dermatologist for probably the 5th time in the past year. Every time I go he gives me something new that doesnt work. Right now I'm on Retin-A Micro, and it works at keeping the acne away, but my face peels every day and is red. I'm also taking Doxycycline, which doesn't work. I've been on Minocycline and Ampicillin, all don't work (these are for my body acne). What new anti-biotic/face stuff should I ask for? I've asked him for accutane before (my skin is really oily), but he insists that my acne isnt severe enough for it (I wish he could see me if I didn't take care of my skin so much, I'd be like a giant pimple). Any suggestions? Thanks.

Old 06-06-2003, 12:12 PM   #2

Nymue HB User
See another derm. I also got fed up always getting a new prescription that didn't work. Retin-A also tore up my face. The resulting redness and peeling was more noticeable than the acne! It took me a few years, but I eventually got a bug up my bum and decided to find a derm who would give me Accutane. I can't tell you how nice it is to have no oil!! I honestly expected my face to get all flaky and sensitive like it was when I was using harsh topicals, but it's not like that at all.
My derm also told me that my acne wasn't severe enough to warrant Accutane, but I decided that I had suffered long enough.
Good luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2003, 02:12 PM   #3
Inactive

Scarred for Life HB User
Ask for a referral to see a nutritionist who will put you on a low-carb, natural foods diet (organic meats, fruits, veggies, beans, nuts). That will help your health, and your acne, more than anything else.

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/wow.gif

[This message has been edited by Scarred for Life (edited 06-06-2003).]

Closed Thread