It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
(female)

ProudVegan HB User
This will help your acne

Okay, so before i go on... i am not going to repeat what others have mentioned on this board about how I suffered from acne and how much money I have spent on countless products that promised optimal results.

So ... i did my research and found something that will cure acne.

I cant post a link of research and studies conducted, but do your own search.

First off, you do need to improve your diet.. Food does not cause acne, but can aggravate acne if you have food allergen. In my case, it'll be peanut butter and too much soy. But of course, eating more vegetables and fruits will help.

Then there is cosmetic acne.. avoid makeup containing talc. I prefer to use natural makeup like larenim mineral that improves your skin without the added chemicals, etc. I was wearing commercial makeup.. and there would be days i wouldnt wear makeup.. and i noticed my skin getting better and it would get worse everytime i wear 'em.

So the cure?...

Its Wheatgrass juice.

seriously.. its the cure for acne. You can see result within a week if you're committed to it.. and within 3 months, scars will disappear if you follow a good diet.

If you go to a health food store.. they might have the frozen fresh wheatgrass.. its recommended to drink 1oz a day i believe.

I drink about 0.6 to 1.2oz a day.

You can go to a juice bar and get a shot of wheatgrass.

if you have a juicer or a wheatgrass juicer, you can save a lot of money and drink it everyday on a empty stomach, preferably in the morning.

Wheatgrass has a lot of other benefits for your health overall.

The Following User Says Thank You to ProudVegan For This Useful Post:
izambrano1 (04-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2006, 02:45 AM   #2
(female)

dragonfly_3 HB User
Re: This will help your acne

That's interesting you have mentioned all this stuff about wheatgrass because my husband's acne has cleared up a LOT and I was trying to figure out what did it. We have been taking an encapsulated vegetable and fruit concentrate and also eating/drinking a protein powder that has wheatgrass in it. I wonder if it is the wheatgrass that did the trick or if it a combination of that and the fruit and veggie concentrate... What do you think?

I am glad you mentioned wheatgrass, I will look into that more!

Old 02-27-2006, 02:53 AM   #3
(female)

dragonfly_3 HB User

Sorry I wanted to post again because I wanted to tell you about how easy it is to grow your own wheatgrass. It's super easy.

You put about 1-1.5 tablespoons wheat seeds in a canning jar with water to soak overnight. Then you pour out all the water (the lid has to have a screen or a BUNCH of holes punched in) and let the seeds sit with the jar on it's side. Then you rinse the seeds in the morning and at night, pouring out all the water...till they sprout and grow for a few days. When they get pretty tall and rich green, put them in the windowsil in the sun for a couple hours and then you can eat or refridgerate (if refridgerating, rinse the grass once a day still) You can cut the greens off and throw them in the blender with some fruit, soy, and protein powder. And if you are adventurous, try a couple huge handfulls of spinich too...you'll be surprised how fabulously good it tastes. The wheatgrass sweetens it really well and then you are getting your dose for the day...without paying the 2 dollars or whatever it costs at the juice shop. To get your daily dose, you might want to have a few jars going at all times and all stages. Why not save your money and put it in a smoothie...sure tastes great!

Old 02-27-2006, 07:28 PM   #4
(female)

ProudVegan HB User

Thank you for your tip!!

I do think it was the wheatgrass.. how long did it take to see results as soon as you and your husband started taking the protein powder?

Right now im using the frozen cube of fresh organic wheatgrass.

I thought about growing my own..and looking into doing so. Where did you buy the wheat from?

I am also looking to buy a juicer as well. I know i can use a blender but I was told its not recommended. Using a juicer will help keep the enzymes fresher.

I like to make fruit smoothies as well.

Im using Lush products and Auromere as a mild cleanser.

But wheatgrass is a cure for acne.. there's been number of reported studies claiming so.

Old 02-27-2006, 08:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

amy2705 HB User

Thanks for the tip about the wheatgrass!

I wanted to say a word about Lush products. There have been some posts here and I can also say from personal experience that Lush products can cause some pretty nasty acne and some pretty gruesome rashes. If you've been using them a while then I guess they're ok for you ... but if you've just started with them, I'd be careful to monitor your reaction. Honest, I've seen the results and it's not pretty (at least for me).

Also, would you mind posting again about what to do with the wheatgrass. I was going to go down to the health food store / organic grocer near me and get some of the frozen cubes you mentioned ... but I'm not sure what to do with them once I have them (I don't have a juicer).

Thanks!

Old 02-28-2006, 11:49 AM   #6
(female)

ProudVegan HB User

The frozen cubes are already pressed (juiced).. you take one or two cubes out from the freezer, let it melt and then drink it right away.

I plan to grow my own wheatgrass soon.. i dont have a juicer yet either.

I also use VitaMineral green powder that also contains wheatgrass and barley.

As for Lush.. i just started recently. I was using FF but i didnt like it much, so i use that as a spot treatment. The only that worked for me in 3 days was the herbalism when i had the sample, so i stocked that up and i got a sample of coalface as well to try. If you scrub your face too hard with it, you can break out or it will cause irritation. Of course, you have to give the products more than 2 weeks before you can see results.

Right now, Auromere sandalwood-turmeric soap works fine for me right now.

Old 02-28-2006, 12:46 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User

You would have to eat pounds and pounds of fresh grown wheatgrass a day to get the same benefits of one wheatgrass frozen cube.

Old 02-28-2006, 05:02 PM   #8
(female)

ProudVegan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant
You would have to eat pounds and pounds of fresh grown wheatgrass a day to get the same benefits of one wheatgrass frozen cube.

No you dont. 1oz a day is sufficient.

Two ounces of fresh wheatgrass juice equals 3 pounds of organic vegetables in vitamins and minerals, or the equivalent of two cups of coffee. Youíll feel refreshed and energized throughout the day.

Wheat grass has only about 10-15 calories per teaspoon. It has no fat or cholesterol. It has nearly a gram of protein per teaspoon, and includes all eight of the essential amino acids, as well as 13 of the remaining 16. The amino acids it doesnít contain are easily made within the body.

It contains Vitamins A, B1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, and 12; C, E and K. A teaspoon of wheat grass contains around 15mg of Calcium, 8mcg Iodine, 3.5mcg Selenium, 870mcg Iron, 62mcg Zinc, and many other minerals.

Old 03-01-2006, 03:28 PM   #9

Dont_give_up HB User

dragonfly_3 - you mentioned that your husband had protein powder w/ wheatgrass in it and was wondering what brand that is? Is that whey protein?

thanks

Old 03-01-2006, 10:13 PM   #10
(female)

ProudVegan HB User

You can try what im using as well.. I use VitaMineral Green by HealthForce Nutrionals. It contains wheatgrass AND barley along with other important vitamins/minerals. It worked a lot faster since it is concentrated.

I would avoid powder containing whey. Dairy is known to cause acne for most people.

Closed Thread