It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2006, 04:15 AM   #1
(male)

beatboxkid HB User
Cool home made acne solution, half lime juice half filterd water, seems really good!!!!!!!

hello people, not much to read here, kept it short n simple!!

I have been recentyl using fresh squeazed orange juice on my skin with good results, i thought of using ornage juice as its more mild than lemon or lime juice....

the squeezed orange juce on my skin seemd to work ok, but still been getting odd spots and makes my skin sticky, bit yucky....

anyhows decided to make my own acne solution squeezing limes, I put 100ml of lime juice in a bottle and also mixed in 100ml of filterd water in there two, to make the solution more mild..

my skin routine now is - I wash my face and body with dettol soap in the shower ( the dettol fresh fragance soap bar with moustrisers in is quite a mild soap ) just before getting out the shower I rinse/spray my face body down with ice cold water in the shower.

after patting my self dry I apply the lime solution to my face/neck and body ( i splash quite a lot on to my skin to make sure it kills bacteria, and get really deep into the skin type thing) I then wait about 5 mins till the juice has absorbed into my skin, then I apply johnsons baby lotion over my face/neck and body. I only use a small amount of lotion as to make sure it doesnt block my pores.....

anyhows seems to be working ok, I will update this thread in a few days time, regards beatboxkid

Old 02-27-2006, 11:28 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

caliente HB User
Re: home made acne solution, half lime juice half filterd water, seems really good!!!!!!!

instead of lemon, orange, or lime juice, it might be easier to use something like organic apple cider vinegar. and its probably much more effective. many people have had good results with the vinegar, including myself. its worked well as a spot treatment for me.

just a suggestion!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2006, 06:18 PM   #3
(female)

kiwihi HB User
Re: home made acne solution, half lime juice half filterd water, seems really good!!!!!!!

I 2nd the ACV. I remember reading somewhere that citrus juices, especially lemon, is very irritating to the skin. If it works for you then I guess it's okay,but it's not something that will probably work well for most.

Old 03-03-2006, 04:48 AM   #4
(female)

HIM HB User
Re: home made acne solution, half lime juice half filterd water, seems really good!!!

just a warning here. about the lime juice, if you go in the sun with lime on your face you will have terribly, terribly regreted doing this. i hear it is good for some sorts of skin troubles, but only two or three drops of it...if you are of age, and have ever squeezed a lime into a corona and sipping it while on the beach...just hope you don't get a scratch on your face. the lime will leave you splochty!

Old 03-04-2006, 10:38 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

curiousP HB User
Re: home made acne solution, half lime juice half filterd water, seems really good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIM
just a warning here. about the lime juice, if you go in the sun with lime on your face you will have terribly, terribly regreted doing this. i hear it is good for some sorts of skin troubles, but only two or three drops of it...if you are of age, and have ever squeezed a lime into a corona and sipping it while on the beach...just hope you don't get a scratch on your face. the lime will leave you splochty!
What will happen if you get a scratch on your face?

Old 03-07-2006, 07:51 AM   #6
(female)

bsg17 HB User

it'd sting bad if you got citric juice on a scratch!

Closed Thread