It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2003, 08:55 PM   #1

Tinkerbell03 HB User
Post Apple Cider Vinegar?

I've heard really good things about it so I've started to use it without any adverse side affects and it helps to control oil. My question is how long (if at all) did it take to see results and how does it work? I'd be curious to know if anyone has info.

Old 06-03-2003, 10:23 PM   #2

bargainshopper HB User
i just started using diluted apple cider yesterday. i haven't seen any results yet, the only down-fall is that it smells really bad and the scent kinda lingers in your bathroom. i'll keep you posted on my results. ya know, you can also use apple cider as a hair rinse after you shampoo :-). just a thought

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2003, 10:53 PM   #3
(female)

Mandilyn HB User
Where do you buy Apple cider vinegar? everytime I ask someone about it they tell me about pills. can someone please tell me where I get it?

Old 06-03-2003, 11:18 PM   #4

bargainshopper HB User
you can probably find it at any grocery store in the food aisle. mine came from albertsons.

Old 06-04-2003, 05:38 AM   #5

mudpixie HB User
Tinkerbell, I LOVE apple cider vinegar!!! I have been using it on my face for almost a month now for 2 things- oil control (vinegar is ph balancing) and scars/redmarks (vinegar is a natural AHA).

If you have sensitive skin you will want to dilute it b/c it can be irritating. The vinegar I bought was already diluted to 5% acidity, so I figured I didn't need to dilute it- but I was wrong. I had some minor irritation breakouts the first week so I started diluting it 1:2 (1 part vinegar/2 parts water). This works for me but if it is still too strong for you then you want to dilute it until it doesnt have a bad sting, once it dries it makes your face feel sooo soft.

I personally like organic ACV but any should do. I'm warning you- you might notice that your skin starts getting lighter- but its NOT being bleached, its just exfoliating the top layer of your skin (it does this chemically, and quite gently depending on how much you dilute it).

Also if you have really "tough" skin, malt vinegar is really good, it does the same as ACV but its stronger (you should still dilute it though).

Good luck!!!

Old 06-04-2003, 06:01 AM   #6

xxxemmaxxx HB User
Unhappy

hey people
someone psoted a thread a couple of weeks bak sayin they put 2 capfulls of apple cider vinegar, a few drops of lemon juice and a pinch of salt into a bowl, added warm water to dilute it and wiped it over their face everyday. ive been doin this for about a week and a half now. are u supposed to use it everyday? or do u lot think apple cider vinegar on its own is better than the salt n lemon juice added to it?
i dont really have noticeably oily skin, just horrendous, severe acne. will apple cider vinegar improve my acne? im also full of scars and pitting.
when can i expect to see an improvement? sorry for the questions, i need to get rid of my acne just like you lot do, it sooooooooooooooo sucks. im from the UK and i think acne is rarer here b/c im the only person i know or have seen lately with it xcept my twin sister.

Thanx people!!

Em

------------------
Smile :-)

Old 06-04-2003, 04:14 PM   #7

Amycola83 HB User
That was me that posted that thread!!!! I'm back from my hols!

I am still using the apple cider vinegar,salt and lemon juice, and my skin is definately improving. In total I've done it for about 10-14 days, (I didnt do it for 4 days when I was on holiday). I have minor acne but a lot of red scars. It has helped my spots so far a lot, my scars are fading slowly but surely, but the overall texture of my skin is a lot better. I think I may try not diluting it so much as my skin is tolerating it well now,so it might work better with less water.

Old 06-04-2003, 04:39 PM   #8
(female)

sourpunch HB User
ive just been using white vinegar. you guys all seem to be talking about apple cider vinegar, tho. i havent been using it for too long, so cant really see any improvements. also, i still put astringent over it (saliyic acid), and im wondering now if i may be overdoing it since the vinegar mite be enough. i know its good for scars, but is it also good to prevent/treat acne?

Old 06-04-2003, 07:05 PM   #9
(female)

Mandilyn HB User
I want to buy apple cider vinegar, do you guys have any good name brands to use?? I dont know what kind to get. please help!!

Old 06-04-2003, 07:39 PM   #10
(female)

Mandilyn HB User
ok Im kinda confused on this apple cider vinegar thing, so you guys buy apple cider vinegar from a grocery store, right? and then just put it on your face? is it made for the face or you guys just put it on the face? is there a certain kind? what do you guys use to put it on your face? your fingers? ok can someone please explain to me the brand type I should get and how to use it. Im just a bit confused. How does it look?

Old 06-06-2003, 05:40 PM   #11

Tinkerbell03 HB User
I've been using Bragg's organic Apple Cider Vinegar. It is generally used for cooking, etc, but you can also wipe it on your face with a cotton ball as an astrigent/anti-acne agent. If it stings, you may want to dilute it.

Old 11-18-2003, 02:18 PM   #12

honeybearkitty HB User
I used this for awhile (undiluted) but stopped when I got some new products a week ago. I think I will start using it again because my skin was sooooooo soft and I swear my red marks were starting to get a lot lighter. I only used it for about 2 weeks though. I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 11-18-2003, 02:22 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

regime HB User
do you just leave the leftover in the fridge or at room temperature?

Old 11-18-2003, 02:55 PM   #14

honeybearkitty HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by regime
do you just leave the leftover in the fridge or at room temperature?
I leave it at room temperature in my bathroom. I don't think vinegar has to be kept in the fridge because I don't think it spoils.

Closed Thread