It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2003, 02:11 PM   #1

RealWorlder HB User
Post ProActive...buy it or dump it?

This past sunday i saw the 20th infomercial for proactive...bla bla bla bla...So i really want to know if it is good or not? Whatttt??? BRITNEY SPEARS uses proactive..no way!!!! then it must be really good. Has anybody from the chat used it and have good results? I am very tempted in buying it.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2003, 02:13 PM   #2

MysteryGrl HB User
I used Proactiv for 3 years, but stopped about a year ago. It did nothing for me. Different products work for different people, though, so you never know if it might work for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2003, 03:36 PM   #3
(male)

Indy007 HB User
I used Proactiv for a couple of months and it nothing for me. I kept breaking out but I still used the product hoping it might eventually clear me. One day when I had to go to a party I broke out pretty bad so I got rid of it.

I used it last year when it contained Benzoyl Peroxide. Now I think it contains Salycic acid (not sure) You can buy benzoyl peroxide from your local drugstore for much cheaper. Even the a good toner. There are many products that contain BP. Try them and if you see a difference then its about to you.

It works for some but not for others. (about 3% of people are allergic to BP so just make sure your not one of them.)

Old 06-05-2003, 05:44 PM   #4

CaliSun347 HB User
Proactiv worked for me, I had moderate acne and it cleared up within two weeks

Old 06-05-2003, 07:09 PM   #5
(female)

pageantchicka16 HB User
Smile

I used proactiv for almost a month and I got worse and worse. I then relized I was allergic to some of the ingrediants. I would say give it a try.... its a money back gurantee!!!

------------------
*~*k阮Ѱ*~*

Old 06-05-2003, 07:17 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User
yes it worked for me, it was a miracle! :-) give it time, at least 6 weeks before u dump it, after a year and half i was having trouble again, so i stopped for a month, i started it up again last week, seems to be working again!

Old 06-05-2003, 08:49 PM   #7

Kara_Leigh HB User
I used Proactiv, and when I first started using it it worked GREAT!! My skin was so clear, better than it had been since I was a little kid. Then, about the 4th or 5th shipment I got from them, the products smelled different, like they weren't even the same stuff, and my face went back to the way it was before. No matter how religiously I used it my face would not clear up again. It was almost like they started sending me stuff that wasn't the real thing, but were still charging me for it. LOL I was probably being paranoid, but that's how it seemed.

Old 06-06-2003, 12:09 AM   #8

vwfishy HB User
Talking

my third shipment of proactiv was weird. the cleanser didn't have any little scrubbing things in it. i didn't notice until i got the fourth shipment and the cleanser was loaded with the micro-scrubbers. my face feels much cleaner now. i don't know if it works or not, but my skin is basically clear now and has been for about 3 weeks. i'm so happy! my acne was terrible for the past year. my forehead had huge, hard, red pimples, and my cheeks and t-zone had whiteheads. then suddenly, 3 weeks ago i cleared up. i think i had a bad hormone year or something. i have a lot of scars now though, which i'm not happy about, but at least the acne is gone and i'm even comfy without makeup!

Old 06-06-2003, 09:19 AM   #9

Island Girl HB User
It worked for me for a week, and I started breaking out again continuously. I'd say give it a shot though, everyone's different. My sister cleares dramatically on the stuff and still uses it. Good luck

Old 06-06-2003, 10:45 AM   #10
Veteran

TimDream HB User
Smile

I wouldn't say it's necessarily a miracle, but I liked it. It was a bit drying, though. If I used it again, I would also replace the toner with a different AHA product, because I thought the toner was too sticky.

Old 06-06-2003, 04:30 PM   #11

amr10023 HB User
I thought that it was a great skincare product. My face felt smooth after using it, but it didn't really help with the acne. My acne didn't get better or worse.

Old 06-06-2003, 06:02 PM   #12

chemicaldreamer HB User
Proactiv, and other treatments like Sageskincare, are following exactly what the book Acne Cure says. BP scrub (also known as Renewing Cleanser with Proactiv), then a salycilic acid wash (Rivitalizing Toner)... then a BP/Glygolic treatment to leave overnight (Repairing Lotion).

You can get all these at your local pharmacy or supermarket, and only spend $20, oppose to $50 at Proactiv. Nutragena offers an excellent line with all 3 products.

Old 06-06-2003, 06:41 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User
vwfishy, i also noticed some shipments had the micro-scrubbers, and some shipments didn't. when they did have them, i did notice, it was working better. weird huh...

Old 06-06-2003, 07:21 PM   #14
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
theres nothing really special about proactive, at least that's what i noticed. it worked alright when i had noncystic acne, but not much better than other OTC benzoyl products. the amazing before and after pictures of people with terrible cystic acne seem impossible to me. i don't see how a light topical product like proactive can even get deep enough to affect cysts. i do not recommend it, although some people swear by it.

Closed Thread