It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2003, 02:37 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Post Msg to pore oily me

Hi there it's a while since i chatted with you and i am really pleased at the success you have had with B5.
Reading your posts gives me the determanation i need to see my acne problem through.
As you know i have been taking B5 2 grammes daily for the same length of time as yourself.
My back acne improved dramatically and i have only been getting the odd pimple on my face.
Recently though the dermatitas i suffer with on my neck has gotten worse and none of my usual treatments are helping to clear the rash,so i decided to stop the B5 on Monday just to see if this was the cause or not.
I have decided to start stockpiling B5 until i have a big enough supply to take 10grammes daily,then i will go for it big time.
Your posts have really given me hope and i hope i have the same results as you have.
Good luck and Best wishes.

Old 06-05-2003, 03:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Hey, thanks for the thoughts! I've been reading about your rash problem, and I feel so bad, just when you got your skin clear, you had another problem. I agree that after all you've tried, maybe stopping the B5 is a good idea--just to see.

If you start back, why not just go to 6 grams like I've been taking? It works great for me, and I never got up any higher than this (well maybe a few days at first when I didn't keep careful track of just how much I was taking and probably went to 7 or 8 once or twice). For the first time, my skin is actually dry today--and I'm talking 6 hours after I washed it last--dry, and we have l00% humidity today! I can't get over it.

That Oc8 is a great product, isn't it? I've been wearing it on days I'm working long hours and very busy, as that's when the oil increases. It's getting where I'm having more and more days that I can even go without that too.

I really hope you find a solution for your rash and that's it's not the B5. That would just be too tragic.
Are you drinking lots of water? I think that's crucial.

Stay in touch and the best of luck to you. Keep posting daily so I can see how you're doing!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2003, 05:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Thanks for your reply,i am going without B5 for a while and then i am going to restart it,i am taking your advice and trying 6 grammes a day,that will be 12x 500mg tabs daily if i am correct lol.
I agree with you regarding Oc8,i can honestly say it's the best oil control moisturizer i have ever tried.
I love it and wont be without it on special occassions.
The rash is calming down a bit at the minute but i think that is due to either restarting the B.P or adding an antifungal cream twice daily.
So fingers crossed i can restart B5 really soon.

Old 06-06-2003, 09:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Just to let you know i have been off B5 for 2 days and already i have a lump under my skin,i haven't had one of them for months.
From 2morrow i am going to start 6 grammes a day,can you give me some advice please,when should i see some results?and will i breakout at a high dose as i never did at a low dose?
I have a wedding to go to in 3 weeks and couldn't cope with a breakout

Old 06-07-2003, 05:30 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
I never did breakout at all with B5. It took me two weeks to see a decrease in oil, and I'm seeing even more of a decrease as time goes on. I find if I go over 6 grams I get drier than I would like. I think some oil is good for the skin, especially since I still use BP over my BHA. I'm afraid to stop the BP because this is all working so well. I also immediately saw a disloding of clogged pores all over my body, not just my face. They came out, but not in the form of pimples.

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by poreoilyme (edited 06-07-2003).]

Closed Thread