It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2003, 02:46 PM   #1

JunJun HB User
Post New member...questions...

Alright everyone, here I go...just wanted to put myself out there and see what sort of advise and recommendations I can get from y'all.

I'm 20 yrs. old...started getting acne when I was like 15, it started to get bad and it came out being severe acne. Tried things didn't work..finally went to a derm. and treated my skin...didn't work. I went to another derm. it worked but then it stopped.

I've been on this ProActive stuff for a while now, works and doesn't, you feel me?

Now I'm thinking about letting it go and getting some stuff at the store, you know like Nutrogena products or something. See I went from severe to minor acne...worked my *** off I guess to get my skin where it's at. Still have acne but my face looks better than years before...so I think since it's not as bad any more, I could be safe using regular stuff from the store you know?

What do you all think? What would you recommend....also, due to my high-rate of stress, I know it's a major factor. So I put it upon myself willingly to relax and do things right, not stress so much...so I know I'll be doing good for myself and skin.

Thanks,

Jun

Old 06-07-2003, 02:55 PM   #2
Inactive

A. Cutane HB User
go on accutane http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2003, 07:14 PM   #3

Sparkle0036 HB User
Welcome to the boards! Hopefully you'll be able to find lots of great suggestions on this board.

If you want store brought products, you may not be able to eliminate your acne entirely, but you should be able to keep it under control.

I would suggest Neutrogena On-The-Spot. It is a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide treatment. Use this in your problem areas, probably at night. If I have a really oily area, I put that on it during the day. But just a little.

You also will want to use a salicylic acid solution. Good to keep those dead skin cells exfoliated.

In fact, Stridex Night and Day has a product that has 2 pumps, one with salicylic acid for the day time, the other with benzoyl peroxide for the night time. You might want to check that out.

I hope this helps!!

Closed Thread