It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2003, 03:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
Wink one spiro pill down...

ok,
i just had my spiro pill with lunch (100mg).....i take one a day from now on....how long before the oil reduces in my face girls?
hey laur,
i had the estrogen shot too today (ouch they do it on your but cheek) anyway, my face is still messed up from my derm and the two cysts that he caused seem to be enlarging and the clinac BPO has all but fried my face so i have to stop that tomorrow and go back to clindagel (unless he calls back and tells me to use a milder BP)... oh what a mess i look like with a red ring around my face and pok-a-doted all over with purple marks and big pores. maybe one day...maybe one day!! how is the lupus, how is the azelex working, how is everything....please let me know!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2003, 08:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
bumpitty bump bump

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2003, 08:55 AM   #3
Veteran

laur HB User
I guess that I'm not sure how things are going. As for the lupus, I'm pretty achy and tired due to the damp weather here. As for my skin........always a long story. I am still using the finacea 15% and applying it twice a day. Since I stopped the tazorac, my skin isn't so red and so dry. I am now breaking out on one side of my chin with the same old tiny oil filled pimples. First there were a couple and this morning there are about 15 again. I wonder if the finacea is cleaning them out or if it just won't help this constant problem. On my cheeks, I can still see the ones under the skin just sitting there. I wish it would work faster to get rid of them. I am still sooo tempted to increase the accutane a bit, but still haven't. Six weeks until my big event and I still look like garbage.
I hope your spiro and estrogen shots help you. Should see improvement in oil within a couple of weeks I would gather, but remember some people have an initial type breakout on spiro. How often do you get the shots?? What amount of estrogen is it??

Dsheldon, if you read this, just a question for you...
Is the azeleic acid a little sticky or something to apply? Does it leave a film of sorts? And when you had it bringing everything out so to speak what were they like?? Not to be gross, but were any of them tiny and oil filled? Am I going through a breakout b/c of the azeleic or is it just my same problem that won't go away? I know its only been a short time. I've only been using it since about May 25 I think, but it some areas it seems to be helping and in others getting worse or the same as always. I see the derm in 2 weeks. He said I could increase the accutane 2 weeks ago, but I didn't yet. I have a big event coming up....time doesn't seem to be on my side. What should I do?? And do you think I should you the 12% glycolic cleanser or the 15% glycolic cleanser? I went back to the lower one last week because of the red dry tight skin from all the meds, and now I'm not sure the azeleic acid and glycolic acid cleanser will work fast enough to suit me unless I increase the glycolic amount. Any theory?? You always seem to know what I should try etc...Hope you don't mind the questions.

M,
I hope you have a good weekend and that the combination of the spiro and the estrogen is the answer for you. I know its a long road we're on, but hopefully it will get easier as the days go on. Good Luck and keep posting.

I'm taking my daughter to the carnival tonight and truely I hope I don't see anyone I know. I look awful, but it will make her happy so here I go. I wish this didn't effect my life so much. 20 years ago, I don't remember this being a big deal. Little did I know, Huh?? Now my 11 year old is showing the "signs" of acne starting and I'm terrified she will go through this awful experience. I'm so messed up, I wouldn't even know what to have here try if it got to that point! LOL

L

Old 06-07-2003, 01:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
ok, i took my second dose of spiro today and the cysts are still there and red...i have been putting BP on them but they are not going away and i don't think the tazorac is effective anymore and the clinacBPO was way to strong (lets just say i look like a burnt cranberry)...so i am laying off the BP for a couple of days till i return to a decent color. IF laur or Dshel. read this, check my other post today addressed to you. Other than that, i will keep posted about the oil production...right now it is extreme!

Old 06-07-2003, 04:01 PM   #5
(female)

20withacne HB User
i just ordered my spiro online!! keep me posted laur!

Old 06-07-2003, 10:33 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
laur,When I first started using the Skinoren,my face was broke out moderately.After awhile It seemed that every single red spot on my face from past zits turned back into zits and it was looking severe.I was very nervous and parenoid also .Everybody told me that it gets worse before it gets better cause your face is trying to heal.I used ONLY the Skinoren on my face.That part is VERY important.You need to let the Skinoren do its healing and not put anything else on your face.You have to wait it out ,and don't pick.Whatever you do don't pick! I had some really huge ones that I had to put up with looking at until my face cleared up and then and only then after the rest of my face cleared up did I extract the few remaing huge ones that were too big for the Skinoren to handle.The whole waiting out process took 2-3 months before my face started looking presentable again.Don't worry about the scars until after your acne is gone or under control.Yes, my face was greasy and sticky with the Skinoren on it because my face was in a severely damaged state from past harsh topicals and was compensating for it with more oil but the more I used the Skinoren and the better the condition my face gradually got the less greasy and oily the Skinoren would feel on my face.

Closed Thread