It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2003, 08:04 PM   #1
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
Question tazorac as spot treatment?

For the past week I've been constantly putting tazorac on any zit that seemed to be growing and it dries THE HELL out of my skin. I mean the entire zit will flake off within a few hrs. I love this and recommend it so far, but I wonder if I'm being too harsh on my skin. Will the peeling and flaking scar me? Does anyone use tazorac for longer than the recommended 30 mins? I've been leaving it on some of my cysts day and night.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2003, 08:08 PM   #2

chemicaldreamer HB User
I don't have experience with the product, so i can't say. But it shouldn't cause scarring. Scarring occurs to damage of the skin, flaking and peeling is just dead skin falling away. So you *should* be ok. But like i said, i don't know anything about this particular product, so i can't say. Is this product mean for spot treating acne? Or is this some sort of automobile paint peeler that you've decided to try on your face?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2003, 10:15 PM   #3
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
haha no. its like retin a i guess. but its pretty strong.

Old 06-07-2003, 01:05 AM   #4

FacialDiscrimination HB User
I've been on TAzorac and going on my third month next week on the 14th...I do get dry and flakey skin if I don't use a moisturizer. for the first few weeks I did use tazorac as a spot treatment too. It's been working really good for me my face is pretty much cleared except a few spots and minor scarring left behind from previous pimples. I have maybe one or two small pimples that do breakout in a two week span, but they normally go away rather quickly. My derm recommended that I apply it for 30 mins than wash it off, but after a couple of days of doing this I decided to just leave it on overnight while sleeping. I've been doing this ever since. My next derm appointment is on the 20th of this month...I'll see what he says about my condition...any question feel free to ask

Old 06-07-2003, 02:51 AM   #5
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
so has your skin pretty much settled in with it now? my skin is flaking off incredibly and i must look kind of weird. i dont mind though because at least my cysts are dying down! funny how i will take anything else unattrative (dryness, redness, peeling, even bleeding!) over cysts.

Old 06-07-2003, 10:27 AM   #6

The Flakey and dryness is just around my mouth for some reason.

Old 06-07-2003, 10:34 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
hey faciald,
what moisturizer do you use, what is your routine, which tazorac do you use...i use the cream and leave it on all night....how long before bumps and blackheads decided to go away..i am on week 7 now and not really satisfied, and my red marks are still all there (but mine were all from cysts) so i don't know how long they take (the doc. said probably a year) I could use the help!

Old 06-07-2003, 10:46 PM   #8

Well i noticed improvement although slight improvement within a few days. looking in the mirror closely I can see that my face was getting smoother. Although, the bumps were still there but the smaller bumps were flattening out. After three weeks my face was starting to clear than on week four I had what probably was an initial breakout. My jawline, forehead and temple broke out into small cluster of bumps. Not really noticable unless you really look up close. After two weeks everything really cleared up. My face is alot clearer than before although I wouldn't say perfect. I still have marks left behind from previous pimples. As far as moisturizer I use Curel the one with anti aging formula (Q10 i think). I'm using the .1% cream myself and I do apply it on at night and leave it on. I rarely got cyst type acne mines was mostly small bumps here and there and sometimes small clusters. What I would recommend and it's something I started doing myself is take pics of your face in the same type lighting every few days. this way you can see if your face is improving. It's somewhat difficult to tell if you look at yourself in the mirror everyday. With a pic at least you have a before picture to refrence your progress. Any question ask

Closed Thread