It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2003, 06:37 PM   #1

justlikeyou HB User
Post What would be your favorite part of having clear skin?

-Mine would be not having to put makeup on in the morning,I hate makeup..Im sick of having to coat on the coverup
-not having to wear makeup to bed when i stay at my boyfriends....
-being able to go swimming and not wondering if my makeup will all rub off
-getting out of the shower and just going,not wondering if i have any new zits or wondering how red my face is
-wearing that nice bronzer that gives you a J-Lo like glow.
-letting my boyfriend touch my face.Cuz I sure as hell dont let him touch it now!
-When I go out in the sun(cuz its summer here now,and yes to all you americans,we do have summers in canada)
I would be able to just put on a lil sunscreen and maybe some mascara(cuz a girls gotta have mascara)

Jeeez...wouldnt things be so much easier if we werent burdened by this silly acne? I know theres alot of ppl that have it worse than I do but still...I HATE IT!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2003, 11:37 PM   #2

spikie HB User
so true especially about not letting your bf touch your face, i'm the same way. to your list i would add: not having to deal with that awful feeling when you wake up to see terrible new spots on your face

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2003, 02:41 AM   #3

CHICKLET9 HB User
Smile

Hey I thought i was the only one to do that.
Staying at the BF house and leaving the makeup on over night.
god it used to feel so horrible waking up in makeup and i bet it was all smudged and smeared off.

I also used to embarrased when i was in town with a whole load of friends and my bf and then he would say to me your face is flaking underneath your makeup and u can see it.
I went straight home after that,
thankfully i am not with him anymore, he just used to make me feel worse.

Old 06-06-2003, 08:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
It is (now!). . . being able to have short hair which shows my face, not wearing makeup, getting out of the shower and going, not running to a restroom to blot oil every hour, the luxury of worrying about other things for a change, not being a slave to a mirror, not second-guessing whether people are checking out my skin and judging me, feeling "normal" and not freakish or inferior, feeling blessed and not damned.

Old 06-06-2003, 08:39 AM   #5

JimC981 HB User
wow that sounds like heaven ... I hope I can get to that point someday... I think not having to be a slave to my mirror (and I'm a guy, too) and not feeling like everyone's looking at my face would be the 2 most important things I WANT to happen when I get clear skin ... I know people say it's what's on the inside that counts, but, I mean, your face is the first thing people see.. and like it or not, that's how they judge you for the first time.. I try not to be so worried about it all the time, but I can't help it

Old 06-06-2003, 09:06 AM   #6

Island Girl HB User
I'd love being able to have people over all the time, not having to quickly put makeup on before someone comes over, or even answering the door for that matter. Being able to go out makeup-free and knowing you look great. Wearing my hair up sometimes, I haven't put my hair up in about 7 years. Not worrying about the lighting you're in...And everything else that's listed on the 1st post..

I wish..

Old 06-06-2003, 10:59 AM   #7

MysteryGrl HB User
Having clear skin means less time in the morning with that stupid cover up stick and finally being able to wear my hair back. And I'm glad to say that I finally did it today!

Old 06-06-2003, 11:30 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
Having my BF touch my face! He put me through he!! about not being able to touch my face and now that my face has cleared up and is more beautiful than it ever he never touched it once.

Old 06-06-2003, 12:18 PM   #9
(female)

too old for this HB User
Wearing a tank top and not having my upper back/shoulders look like a war zone.

Old 06-06-2003, 12:23 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User
Thats it not feeling self conscous. is that the same as anxiety?

Old 06-06-2003, 02:10 PM   #11

U4IA HB User
Being able to walk into a room full of strangers with confidence and talk to new people without feeling self concious.

Old 06-06-2003, 02:27 PM   #12
Veteran

stasia12 HB User
NO MAKEUP.......... I hate wearing alot of makeup and am forced to wear foundation sometimes to cover up really bad pimples. ALso-nott worrying people are staring at my pimples instead of me (which does happen) and not feeling like a freak when I go out to be the only girl in the bar with skin like mine! I would just feel better about me not like a giant infection or something.

Old 06-06-2003, 02:27 PM   #13
Veteran

stasia12 HB User
NO MAKEUP.......... I hate wearing alot of makeup and am forced to wear foundation sometimes to cover up really bad pimples. ALso-nott worrying people are staring at my pimples instead of me (which does happen) and not feeling like a freak when I go out to be the only girl in the bar with skin like mine! I would just feel better about me not like a giant infection or something.

Old 06-06-2003, 02:29 PM   #14

Sweetluv HB User
Not worrying about your face 24/7!! I am really obsessed with acne & my scars!

Old 06-06-2003, 07:09 PM   #15
(female)

pageantchicka16 HB User
Thumbs up

Wow! All of you guys seem to be going through everything I am! (i'm new here!) I can't wait till i wont have to wash my face all the time and can go to bed once without washing my face and being perfectly clear the next day. Not crying when I look in the mirror. Not havin to wonder if someone is a friend to me or just feels sorry for me. Not havin to worry what other people are thinkin and not bein rejected (or at least feel like it) I would have the most perfect life if I didnt have acne!! It is ruining my teenage years and Im only 14!!! SO i am patiently waiting!!!!!

------------------
*~*k阮Ѱ*~*

Closed Thread