It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2003, 05:31 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Talking Still can't believe it!

I still do not have a single pimple on my face, and my pores are continuing to clear out and shrink. I went shopping today and my face looked so good under those awful store lights. The texture and tone is remarkable, and no one would ever guess just two months ago my skin was completely covered in blackheads, bumps, and extreme oil. I had no makeup on either!

Sorry to keep reporting in when the report is still "all clear," but this is so amazing to me, I just can't get over it. I keep thinking it's all a dream--but it's true! I must check my mirror a hundred times a day because I just CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

To add to the glory, that Trienelle cream I'm using on my neck has been just as dramatic. I used to have this chicken skin on my neck, and now it's all smoothing over, evening out in tone, and the fine lines are disappearing. Not one, but two miracles!

[This message has been edited by poreoilyme (edited 06-04-2003).]

Old 06-04-2003, 06:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
I know how ya feel.I still can't believe it when I look in the mirror every day too.I was expecting the Spiro and Skinoren to just help my face get back to normal .I never DREAMED it would completely eliminate it.I never DREAMED that I would ever be able to eat all my favorite foods again.And I just can't get over how I have not had one zit this entire month ,even throughout my period.I actually smiled at myself when I looked in the mirror today and see that the last of my noticable scars is gone.And all the redness and broken capillaries, GONE! I had been looking at this one particular scar ,I SWEAR for a year and thought I was doomed to have that one forever but its GONE! ITS GONE,ITS GONE ,ITS GONE!!!!!!!! Even the scar from busting my face open earlier this year is gone.You can only see it if you take a magnifying glass too it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2003, 08:01 PM   #3

slick33 HB User
Poreoilyme, glad to hear you're still doing really well! I'm curious, do you think that the primary cause for your improvement is B5? Are you still taking 6 grams per day? What brand are you using?

Old 06-04-2003, 09:59 PM   #4

CaptainV HB User
also at what point do you start lowering your B5 dosage and by how much?

Old 06-05-2003, 05:06 AM   #5

yoopergirl HB User
I am very excited for you! Going under the dreaded lights and looking good is the ultimate test! I am also curious about the B5 connection! Keep us posted on all, we really do want to know (or at least I do).

Old 06-05-2003, 05:33 AM   #6

mudpixie HB User
Congratulations poreoilyme!!! I was wondering, did your oil production gradually decrease over a few weeks or did it just suddenly shoot down?

dsheldon3- what helped get rid of your scars, the spiro or skinoren? Would it help w/ redmarks? Sorry, I'm a little clueless, I don't know much about either one. :-)

Old 06-05-2003, 05:43 AM   #7
Veteran

laur HB User
Happy for you both and wishing you continued "clear skin" in the future!!

L

Old 06-05-2003, 06:16 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
First of all, congratulations, DSheldon! I'm very happy for you!

I take Twin Lab's B5. I didn't notice anything dramatic in oil production until day one of week 3. It was sudden. I woke up and the oil had decreased tremendously. They say you have to take l0 grams for 3-6 mos. before gradually reducing the dosage, but 6 grams works well enough for me for now. I still have some oil, but it takes several hours, and I think some oil is beneficial for your skin so I don't want to eliminate it completely. I did notice some pores clearing in the first two weeks (hard sebum was just popping out on its own--not as pimples, just grains of it sitting on my skin to be whisked away). I know the BHA is helping, but I was having blackheads emerge from my skin on my scalp and back immediately, so I know the B5 must have been making some of the difference! The BHA just boosted the process and helped shrink my pores. Almost every single pore on my face was clogged, so I continue to have sebum lifting out from my face. It's like there's an invisible vacuum pulling it all out and healing my skin. Luckily, it's not like other acne meds where you get pimples when your skin purges. In my case, it's just plugs coming to the surface with no redness, swelling, or irritation.

Again, DS, that's great news!

[This message has been edited by poreoilyme (edited 06-05-2003).]

Old 06-05-2003, 06:23 AM   #9
Inactive

Sahuja HB User
Hey Poreoilyme
I am glad B5 is working for you and I hope it continues to work!! I used it for two months and it worked better than ANY medication I used. (You can check my posts about 4 months ago). Then I broke out miserably. Everyone's experiences are different though! It will probably continue to work for you. I am using Spiro now which has helped and I hope it continues to. All I am saying is DONT JINX YOURRSELF!! I did that before and then broke out again!! :-)

Old 06-05-2003, 10:36 AM   #10

Hopetimistic HB User
Hi Folks,

DSheldon,

What was it exactly that helped with your scar/s? I rarely get any ance breakouts now. But I have enough moderate scars to prove that 'I've been there, done that and got the tee shirt'.

I was hoping CP/Exfol Serum would help, so I ordered them; should be here in a couple of days time, i expect.

What was it that got rid of the scar/s for you? Thanks.

All the Best.

I am no expert on these matters. Please consult the (supposed) experts, and seek the advice of other people as well.

Old 06-05-2003, 12:03 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
The product thay helped me the most with scars was CALAL (Calamine).Skinoren helped,and Cypress oil helped.

Old 06-05-2003, 04:16 PM   #12
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Sahuja, I'm so sorry that happened to you! I know what you mean. I keep thinking this just can't last. It's too good to be true.

The best of luck to you!

Old 06-05-2003, 05:35 PM   #13
Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
hey D.,
what is skineren? and did you just put calamine lotion on your face?

Old 06-05-2003, 07:19 PM   #14
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
WOO-HOO!! Thrilled for your clear faces.
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 06-06-2003, 07:57 AM   #15

Island Girl HB User
poreoilyme, I just have a question about the B5 you're using. I tried looking it up since I can't find it here in Canada. Is Twinlab
Pantothenic Acid - Vitamin B-5 the exact kind you're using? If not where would I find it, and how much do you take per day? Thanks so much and congrats on your clearing!!

Closed Thread