It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2003, 09:05 PM   #1

buddyguy HB User
Post Dermatitis

OK i get these dry red patches on my scalp that flake. Is this dermatitis or is it just dandruff? I also get red dry oily patches behind my ears. im pretty sure this is dermatitis cause sometimes it has yellow flakes. Ive gotten these on and off for years. Sorry i know this is off the topic of acne but i do have acne and just dont want to deal with this too. Will i eventually get dermatitis on my face too? Ive never gotten it anywhere but my scalp and behind my ears. Does it like spread over the years or will it stay in those places?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2003, 09:54 PM   #2
(female)

Missy25 HB User
Yes you might be suferring from Seborheic Dermatitis, I know because I suffer from this condition as well. I would suggest you use Nizoral shampoo that helps keep everything under control and for the red patches a hydracortizone cream. Yes and it could spread to your face like it did to me. If you use over the counter products I suggested or any other and they dont work for you the I suggest you go see a dermatologist and they can prescribe you something better and much stronger. Good Luck.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2003, 12:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Hi i have the same problem i find that head and shoulders helps used regularly with the flaky scalp although it doesn't clear it 100% and i have recently discovered Daktarin Gold it's an antifungal cream containing Ketoconazole 2% and you rub it into the areas of skin that have the flakyness and redness.
I would only use hydrocortisone as and when you require it and not all of the time.
After four days my flakyness has dramatically improved.

Closed Thread