It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2003, 02:20 PM   #1
Veteran

stasia12 HB User
Question anyone here take B5 powder not pills???

hey out there- just recieved my order from acne miracle of b5 powder which I got because Iread it is better absorbed than b5 pills. However-I forgot or didnt know it would taste so ****ing bad! do any of you who have taken it this way have any suggestions for covering up the taste of it>? Also-they sent me some B5 topical gel which I really dont understand because B5 is supposed to get rid of acne by helping out your metabolism -it helps your body make coQ A but since that doesnt happen on your skin but inside your body how does putting it on your face help? is this just a gimmick to amke me feel like I am getting more for my money?

Old 06-08-2003, 01:44 PM   #2

mrgreen HB User
Try to get it in capsule form, then you don't have to taste it

In the original study by dr. Leung a topical B5 solution was also applied so I guess it can be absorbed by the skin too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2003, 02:18 PM   #3

zitsurvivor HB User
it doesn't taste that bad! I use the powder form too.

I hated the bitter taste at the beginning too but its not a big deal anymore. The only advice i can give is advice on how to keep it from clumping. Put the powder in a cup, THEN put very warm water into the cup. If you put the powder in the cup when its already got water in it it is bound to clump and you will have to swallow those clumps which is not fun. The warm water makes it dissolve faster than cold water also.

but yeah, the powder is much less expensive if you look in the right spots.

Old 06-08-2003, 03:14 PM   #4

chemicaldreamer HB User
I have 2 lbs in powder that has been sitting here for a year because i couldn't stand the taste of it.

I'll suggest getting capsule form and taking those, and add the powder to your moisturizer or something.

Old 06-08-2003, 09:03 PM   #5
Inactive

plymouth HB User
Wink

B5 powder can also be used as a topical,
as it was used in the Dr. Leung study.

You can mix it with water or any lotion or cream.

If mixed with water it has the consistency of honey.

The rate is 20% powder by weight.

This means 20 grams of B5 powder dissolved in
100 grams of water, lotion or cream.

Or whatever unit of measurement you want, by weight.

20 parts powder by weight in 100 parts water, lotion
or cream, also by weight. Not by volume.

------------------
~p

[This message has been edited by plymouth (edited 06-09-2003).]

Closed Thread