It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2006, 03:22 AM   #1
(male)

kHan artist HB User
Entirely New Regimen: Dig Cleanse + Paula's Choice

I've always been extremely reluctant to EVER change my skincare regimen. But my persistent breakouts forced me to search these boards for the most pertinent threads that related to me. I've decided to make a dramatic change all at once because I know I must in order to see dramatic results.

Skin Wise-
First of all, I have an oily T-zone (forehead and nose) and either dry or normal skin elsewhere. I have dry flaky skin on my cheeks and dry dead skin in my oily areas too! As far as breakouts, I usually get whiteheads and/or pustular acne almost on a daily basis. This lead me to conclude that the major problem is improper skin shedding, which is obviously the main reason everyone here gets acne but I thought my dry dead skin and the fact that i mostly get whiteheads suggested that my pores are extremely blocked. And the dead, dry skin aggravates it even more!
Conclusion -- NEED to switch to a BHA and use a moisturizer! I've been using an AHA cleanser which is not really useful for people with acne.

I have read a lot of success stories on this board with Paula's Choice products and respect her as having great skincare knowledge. So I'm switching to her product line out since its has no fragrances, SLS, or any irritants. I'm going to switch off with her moisturizers as needed along with Camellia Oil!

OTHER FACTORS
I have IBS (most likely a consequence of antibiotic overuse). I'm almost 22 y.o. and I think I should've grown out of my acne. This suggests that my acne seems to be caused by other factors. Stress and lack of sleep are the main triggers of my acne. When I'm stressed out, I don't sleep. Both of these factors seem to be related to DIGESTIVE problems since I eat less and get sick during times of stress and sleep deprivations. With the help of the likes of ErimusV (sp?), I have concluded that my digestive condition could be the root cause of my acne.
Conclusion -- > I need a DIGESTIVE CLEANSE (specifically a colon cleanse). Diet also plays a role in acne, however, it does so by harming one's digestive health. Thats why I don't eat chocolate and avoid anything with caffeine (bad for digestion).

DAILY SKIN CARE REGIMEN:
-Gentle Cleanser ( Cosmedix Benefit Clean)
-Exfoliant (switch off between Paula's Choice 1% BHA Gel and the 2% BHA Liquid) -- I will start off once a day and switch to twice a day if i can tolerate it
- Silkia Camellia Oil (AM/PM) (I will start after religiously doing the above regimen for a week or two. I always breakout when I try new things because my pores are so blocked and the Oil will simply compound my initial breakout)
- Sunscreen (AM) (PC Non Greasy SPF 15 or Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Spf 30)

OTHER NONDAILY SKINCARE TREATMENTS:
-disinfectant (PC Blemish Fighting Sol'n - 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide) EVERY OTHER DAY
-another moisturizer (PC essentially non greasy)
-toner (PC skin balancing toner) WHEN NEEDED
-aftershave (PC Skin relief treatment)
-mask (PC Skin Balancing Carbon Mask or aspirin mask) 1-2 times a week
-spot treatment (Cosmedix Clear)
-high frequency treatment (i doubt i'll have time for this!)

DIGESTIVE CLEANSE
-psyllium husk (+1g - cant hurt taking more fiber!)
-activated charcoal (2x 260mg)

Later in the day
-a probiotic (Primal Defense)

OTHER
-multivitamin(not at the same time as the activated charcoal)
-more water can't hurt!!!

I ordered my PC products last night and basically have been using her samples to try each thing out one at a time to make sure I don't have a horrible reaction. I've started out using the BHA everyday now and I'm gettin my initial breakout (a good sign as long as it stops in 2 weeks!). I've bought all my digestive products but to make sure that I have no rxn to any of the stuff I'm trying them once at a time (in a day).

I will keep you all informed on my progress as I go through this regimen. In the past I've been too afraid of my initial breakout to start anything new. I think this a big step and I'm confident I'm attacking my acne in many ways. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN FIGHTING ACNE is CONSISTENCY. And hopefully this will be my answer, God willing! I won't really know until, at least, a month or two but hopefully it'll start working sooner!

Dreaming of clear skin!!!!

Last edited by kHan artist; 04-04-2006 at 03:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
(male)

kHan artist HB User
Re: Entirely New Regimen: Dig Cleanse + Paula's Choice

I've been doing the Digestive Cleanse and 1% BHA GEL for 2 weeks. I finally got all of Paula's products this past friday so I started using her products. I especially like her skin balancing moisturizer and mask (it leaves my skin leaving soft).

My skin is looking so much better right. I have only one major acne lesion on my forehead. It is red but it doesn't look like it will sprout up into a pustule which is a good sign since that means my breakouts are becoming less severe. That means my pores ARE much less clogged! Yea!! I still have some "dead" dried up acne and a few left over scabs. Some skin is still a little dry but MUCH BETTER.

I suffered an initial breakout with a bunch of whiteheads and a couple of pustules. But the worst is over. My skin is looking very improved and I'm going to continue on with this regimen.

Using the 1%BHA Gel gave me slightly flaky skin. I thought by adding the 2.5% BP Lotion would make it even more dry but NO!! I use the skin balancing moisturizer afterwards and its great!! My skin doesn't look red or irritated. This stuff goes great on my skin .

I haven't started using the Silkia Camellia Oil or the Sunscreen yet. But I'm going to start this stuff soon! As per the digestive cleanse, my stools are improving and my appetite is good and haven't gotten sick from any foods i've eaten. Also, I've been working on developing a consistent sleep regimen (6+ hours a night). 5 or less hours of sleep are guaranteed to break me out a lot.

I'm excited with my progress. I'm feeling much more confident already (mostly because I feel that this routine is my answer).

Last edited by kHan artist; 04-04-2006 at 03:21 PM.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:59 PM   #3
(male)

kHan artist HB User
Re: Entirely New Regimen: Dig Cleanse + Paula's Choice

Add HIGH FREQUENCY and ASPIRIN MASK to this regimen.

I've been doin this regimen relatively consistent for the past two months and have seen positive results. Except for times of stress (Exam time and bad sleep and eating habits), My skin is around 80-90% clearer. My complexion has improved a lot, its smoother, less irritated, it looks healthy. When i break out i'm not bothered by it as much as before since the rest of my skin looks healthy. I didn't realize that it had improved so much until my mom said "You're skin looks as good as it was durin the Accutane days." Obviously, I disagree with that since it hasn't eliminated my acne but its controlling it quite well. I expect it to get only better with time and better sleep habits.

I love Paula's choice, high frequency, the dig cleanse, and the aspirin mask. The regimen is working!!!

Last edited by kHan artist; 05-16-2006 at 11:49 PM.

Closed Thread