It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2006, 12:58 AM   #1
(male)

beatboxkid HB User
Question whats soap is best? dove,pears,simple,baby soap.....?????

at the end of the day mild soap is meant to be the best for acne........

I think face washes are a waste of money personally, always seem to make acne worse.

I always find myself going back to using pears soap, as its %100 percent natural and alledgedly is meant to be non comadgenic (think i spelt that right )

I find a lot of soaps help to clear my skin at frst, but then make it worse. I especially found that with dove sensitve soap bar, I thought it was miracle soap at first.......... but after using it for nearly a week it made me burst into spots big time Anyhows I think I will stick to pears soap at least I know where I stand with that soap, any one else in here use pears soap at all?

regards beatboxkid

Old 03-31-2006, 06:44 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mommaoftwinsplus1 HB Usermommaoftwinsplus1 HB User
Re: whats soap is best? dove,pears,simple,baby soap.....?????

I absolutely love dove soap for my face. I am sure that the pears and other soaps are good too. I really think that all those medicated cleansers are way too harsh. I like the gentleness of dove.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2006, 12:09 AM   #3
(male)

Dalacined HB User

Avene, extremely suitable for oily-blemish skin. I had a very sensitive skin and this cleanser works miracle

Old 04-01-2006, 03:35 AM   #4
(male)

ksaguy HB User

well i have tried many sops but none suited my skin. so me made it really dry but some made it really oily... some even made me break out like a monster. but after neglecting Dove sops forever, i decided to give it a try. i got myself a pink Dove soap and i have to admit that it is the best sop i have ever washed my face with. its been 3 months and im still using Dove. i also tried the White one but i like pink better for no apparent reasons.
i would definately suggest anyone whos looking for a good soap to give it a try. you might notice drying of skin for a few washes but it needs time to adjust on your skin.

after using the soap, i was so much delighted by the brand that i now have got their Shampoo, conditioner and Body wash... and they are all really really Good.

afterall, i have now understood that it isnt for ladies only.

Old 04-01-2006, 05:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

missyou009 HB User

Dove and Aveeno (but I like Dove better as it doesn't make my face as dry).

Old 04-01-2006, 05:58 AM   #6
(male)

dave_89 HB User

Do any of these soaps actually clear spots and acne or simply just wash yuor face?

Old 04-01-2006, 06:41 AM   #7
(male)

ksaguy HB User

Dave, i dont know if they work same for everyone but Dove has amazingly reduced my red spots caused by acne.

Aspirin mask and regular use of dove helped me alot.

Old 04-05-2006, 04:42 AM   #8

Michellala HB User

I've been using Dove for years, and all this time I thought I was the only one putting bar soap on my face! It has never disappointed me. Sometimes I stray and tried stuff with benzoyl peroxide or even cetaphil and Dove beats them both. Dove seems to clean my skin so well that redness does seem to go away and when I don't use it I do tend to breakout more. I use the sensitive skin one.

However, they recently came out with a face wash I want to try. It's actually a lot more expensive and I'm thinking that if it aint broke don't fix it.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:47 PM   #9
(male)

kdogg HB User

this is very interesting becuz i too have never thought of trying bar soap on my face.....for those who use dove, do you use it twice daily or just once? also, do you guys have current acne? ive been off accutane for about 2 weeks and im currently using neutrogena acne free sal. acid wash becuz of a few bumps but im relatively clear... i might look into dove...thanks again!

Old 04-06-2006, 10:40 AM   #10
(female)

cookiecoocoo HB User

I use Dial gold bar soap. It can be drying, but it works better for me than any other face wash or bar soap.

Old 04-07-2006, 05:00 AM   #11
(male)

ksaguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg
this is very interesting becuz i too have never thought of trying bar soap on my face.....for those who use dove, do you use it twice daily or just once? also, do you guys have current acne? ive been off accutane for about 2 weeks and im currently using neutrogena acne free sal. acid wash becuz of a few bumps but im relatively clear... i might look into dove...thanks again!
Youre Welocme.
Well i have been using Dove for quite a long time now. i usually wash twice a day but sometimes thrice.

i doesnt dry my skin at all..... but Sometimes it does. but thats very rare and it could be because of other reasons also, i just apply pure Aloe Vera gel if i notice drying.

when i started Dove i had serious acne but now i dont. i do get occasional pimples but trust me, when i wash my faces with dove, they disappear with in 12 hours.

my acne's cure could have been something els like my improved diet, alot of water etc, but i am sure Dove has, if not the biggest, yet a noticeable contribution.

hope that helps.

Old 04-08-2006, 02:19 PM   #12
(male)

kdogg HB User

Thankyou very much thats all i was wondering....im using neutrogen sal. acid wash and figured since everyone was telling me those washes w/chemicals were no good i would try dove or something gentle. let ya know how it goes

Old 04-09-2006, 01:42 AM   #13
(male)

ksaguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg
Thankyou very much thats all i was wondering....im using neutrogen sal. acid wash and figured since everyone was telling me those washes w/chemicals were no good i would try dove or something gentle. let ya know how it goes
Sure, Please do keep us updated.

just to let you know, i use the Pink one. and no, it isnt girly... LOL

Old 04-09-2006, 10:48 AM   #14
(male)

kdogg HB User

lol haha ok, well....i think that was the one i was gonna try anyway. and no, im not gay lol

Old 04-09-2006, 11:23 AM   #15
(female)

sueeliz613 HB User

I love those dove cleanding cloths. It is gentle and moisturizing like the bar, but its adds a little exfoliation as well which everyone needs.

Closed Thread