It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2006, 09:47 AM   #1

Jackswift HB User
Bah!! Acne coming back after accutane

Hey guys,

I was on 40mg of accutane for 6 months, and it did wonders for my skin. Not a single zit for months. Finally after over a year of clear skin my acne seems to be coming back. It started with a couple zits here and there, but now its just getting progressively worse. I've been breaking out for days now. My face is still 85% clear, but still! Hopefully this just a random bad breakout, but I think my acne is coming back

Should I go back to my derm and try and get on a second round of accutane? Believe me, its the only thing that worked for my acne.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:01 AM   #2
(male)

dave_89 HB User
Re: Bah!! Acne coming back after accutane

If you have found something that works then use it imo.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2006, 10:28 AM   #3
(male)

determinedtowin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackswift
Hey guys,

I was on 40mg of accutane for 6 months, and it did wonders for my skin. Not a single zit for months. Finally after over a year of clear skin my acne seems to be coming back. It started with a couple zits here and there, but now its just getting progressively worse. I've been breaking out for days now. My face is still 85% clear, but still! Hopefully this just a random bad breakout, but I think my acne is coming back

Should I go back to my derm and try and get on a second round of accutane? Believe me, its the only thing that worked for my acne.
I'm in the same boat mate, depressing isn't it. Have you got any scarring?

Old 04-06-2006, 10:52 AM   #4

Jackswift HB User

Not really, maybe just a little bit on my jawline but you can hardly notice it. Im just mad cause I was getting so used to not worrying about my face. Hopefully this is just an isolated breakout, but I think thats just wishful thinking.

Do you think my derm would put me back on accutane if I asked? As I said, my face is still about 85% clear. But its been getting worse for awhile.

Old 04-06-2006, 11:54 AM   #5
(male)

determinedtowin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackswift
Not really, maybe just a little bit on my jawline but you can hardly notice it. Im just mad cause I was getting so used to not worrying about my face. Hopefully this is just an isolated breakout, but I think thats just wishful thinking.

Do you think my derm would put me back on accutane if I asked? As I said, my face is still about 85% clear. But its been getting worse for awhile.
I'm not sure mate, I am wondering the same thing.

My derm said if anything came back then he would probably try me on some of the old anti-biotics like Minocycline as this time they'd work after being on Tane. I somehow doubt it.

It's so annoying

Last edited by determinedtowin; 04-06-2006 at 11:55 AM.

Old 04-06-2006, 02:49 PM   #6
(male)

determinedtowin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlygirl
Ask your Dr about putting you on a very lose dose of accutane.(5 - 10 mg) We have been very successful in the rare cases where we have done this. or Ask about some microdermabrasion.
I've been using Roc home Microdermabrasion and it has done wonders for my scar (along with L'Oreal collagen filler) but I'm breaking out again so it could al be for nothing

Old 04-06-2006, 04:39 PM   #7
(female)

amb1 HB User

my derm said that mino would work after Accutane, too. Nope. Didn't work. I am right back at square one.

Just wanted you to know you're not alone!

Old 04-08-2006, 01:30 PM   #8
(female)

Victoria Carter HB User
Unhappy Re: Bah!! Acne coming back after accutane

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb1
my derm said that mino would work after Accutane, too. Nope. Didn't work. I am right back at square one.

Just wanted you to know you're not alone!
Hi all, I've had acne since i was 12 and tried almost everything. In the past 6 years i've been on 3 rounds of Accutane and as much as i love the stuff, after i stopped, my acne came back each time. My derm has now got me on potassium blockers as he says it could be too much potassium in my blood but that doesn't work either. I've looked at the other message boards and a lot of folks are raving about the Asparin/benzyl peroxide mask and Silkia Camelia oil.. haven't tried it as yet but will this weekend.. let you all know how it goes.
There are a couple new products out called Acuzine adn Vilante Vitamin B5, which is supposed to be almost as good as Accutane...has anyone heard about these or their effectiveness? I've tried almost everything and really don't want to dish out more $$ on yet another product that's going to dissapoint me.

Old 08-15-2006, 06:29 PM   #9

Jackswift HB User

Update:

I posted this thread awhile ago, so I thought i'd update you guys on my face.

My face cleared up after that bad breakout I was talking about. But now I'm breaking out a little again, not many zits but a couple big ones. Not too bad. Not sure whats going on with my face, its all so random. Maybe im breaking out cause ive eaten a lot of fast food and drank a fair amount in the last couple weeks. Who knows???

Old 08-16-2006, 06:23 PM   #10
(female)

Ruthy HB User

We ordered the Acuzine and after reading the review of people that had tried it, my son chose not to use it. Most people broke out worse and felt the product did not help at all. We are going to send it back for a refund.
Read the other thread on acne coming back after accutane.

Old 08-16-2006, 07:47 PM   #11
(female)

littlebigeyes HB User

Jackswift,

I'm so sorry, I really am. Accutane works, but not permanently. I went on it twice and ended up in despair after the second time. I started looking into other things causing my acne - one of the things I found out is my thyroid is all messed up - and that's in the process of being corrected. I can say my acne is better, but not fixed. Another thing is diet, changes to my diet have really made a difference too.

I seriously have a love-hate realationship with Accutane, I really do. Keep your chin up if you can, it's not worth letting it ruin your life.

Cheers,
littlebigeyes

Old 09-09-2006, 12:57 AM   #12
(male)

Cartman2006 HB User

Try vitamin B5. It works!

Old 09-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

eve40 HB User