It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2006, 12:29 PM   #1
(male)

systemofadown HB User
redness and scars

a few quick questions..basically im just sick of these scars and redness and i'm going to do something about them..right now i'm not taking any medication besides using BP once in the evening.. i think its starting to fail as my acne isn't getting any better. however, i did read great things on here about the dove pink bars, so i ordered some of those, as i have been washing my face with just water for god knows how long.

so, i just read on some site that biting your fingernails will cause acne around the mouth? i have a serious bad habit of this..anyone know any correlation between these two?

also, i heard that touching your chin, face, etc causes acne bad, im constantly touching my face, resting my hands on my chin, for years.. wondering if i should stop this and see what happens?

whats some good moisterizers, soaps, scrubs, etc that will get rid of redness and fade some pretty bad scars? i know the scars will be there, and i'm going to get laser surgery once i can figure out how to stop my acne.. i've been on a pretty dam good diet, i drink plenty of water, workout every day, and im convinced this keeps the breaking out to a minimum, but its the redness that really pisses me off.. anyone wanna spill their guts on how i can go about fixin this ? thanks!
Ryan

Old 04-09-2006, 05:38 PM   #2
(female)

redlygirl HB User
Re: redness and scars

Hi Ryan,
I think the first thing you need to do is make an appt wit a reputable derm in your area.
If you have pustules (heads on your zits) maybe you need an antibiotic along with some good topicals such as durac & differin. gels for oily skin, creams for dry.
Several things could cause redness: the BP product that you are using, Acne Rosacea, picking at your zits, sun, wind, etc..
Get on a good skin care regiman which may take trying a few different products. Ask for samples of everything before you fill the Rx.
You are right about touching your face. This could also help to keep your face broken out. Our hands are full of germs. The area around our mouth and nose is a breeding ground for bacteria. Hair products can cause face breakouts. By this I mean you put stuff in your hair, go to bed at night and your face is on the pillow along with hair product. Even certain foods and multivitamins can make a face break out.
I love these products:Cetaphil soap & moisturizer
Neutragena facial cleanser and sunscreens.
Neostrata & MD Forte I did not like Murad and Dermatologica.
the sun will make scarring & redness worse

Last edited by redlygirl; 04-09-2006 at 05:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread