It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2003, 08:35 AM   #1
Veteran

camden HB User
Talking polytar soap?

I have tried everything for the acne on my chest! I switched conditioners, tried Head&Shoulders, used Neutrogena body wash(got rid of back acne), used a scub, tried Specto Jel and tea tree oil cleansers and nothing has worked.

I then remembered that I had a bar of Polytar soap. It is a soap that contains coal tar and is used for the treatment of various skin conditions(I purchased it for eczems). There are different brands of it and you can even get pine tar soap. You wash the affected area with it, rinse it off, lather again and pat the skin dry without rinsing. I decided to try it as I was running out of options. The acne is very small and very red and stands out like a sore thumb in almost any shirt I wear. I have used it twice now and it seems to be working! The acne is still there but it is much less noticable.

Has anyone else ever tried this and had it work? Wish me luck! Maybe someone could suggest what has worked for them. This chest acne is different from my facial acne as it is much smaller and doesn't seem to be filled with much fluid. The acne on my face seems much deeper than this acne.

Old 06-11-2003, 12:39 PM   #2
Veteran

camden HB User
So far so good. I have been useing this soap since a couple of days before my last post and the acne is almost gone and I have had no new stuff appear! It doesn't seem to do much for the acne on my face though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread