It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2006, 12:25 AM   #1
(male)

frogthedon HB User
Naproxen?

Have anyone ever heard of Naproxen, it's an anti-inflammatory pill. I was wondering if its good for acne or have anyone had any experience with it if so please give me feedback thank u!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2006, 08:59 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

caliente HB User
Re: Naproxen?

i was on naproxen years ago after a back injury. my doctor told me it was just a muscle relaxer, and that it was basically the same thing as Aleve. it certainly did nothing for my skin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2006, 05:41 PM   #3
(female)

Erica in IL HB User

It's used more often as a pain reliever. I have not heard of it being used to reduced the inflammation of acne and doubt it would help. When I get headaches I'll take the OTC version of it and it has had no noticeable effects to my acne. Plus there is speculation that long-term use can cause dependency.

Old 04-22-2006, 07:38 PM   #4
(female)

sapphire99 HB User
Arrow Re: Naproxen?

Definetly does not help with acne! I started breaking out pretty bad after going on birth control pill last year, and a month after I started I injured my leg somehow and was perscribed Naproxen for the pain and swelling. It did help a little with the leg pain, but my acne remained the same... and believe me I would know the difference because I was breaking out with HUGE cysts that stay forever!

Old 04-24-2006, 03:43 PM   #5
(female)

omalll HB User

naproxen is the same as the pain reliever Aleve. its an NSAID, so as to say, its an anti-inflammitory. but it doesnt relieve acne. during my period I take a naproxen everyday for the cramps, and my skin is no better.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:09 AM   #6
(female)

gurlie0521 HB User

I take neproxen during volleyball for sport related injuries along with longterm injuries from playing for so long. Its never done ne thing for my skin or to hurt my skin ..... Jus dont take it on an empty tummy, I have to eat something with it otherwise I feel sick.

Closed Thread