It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2003, 07:29 PM   #1

jayjay76 HB User
Angry I am 22 yrs old and still have acne

I'm 22 years old and still have bad acne! I've tried pretty much everything. (keeping in mind that i live in Canada and certain things are not availalbe to me)Does anyone have a solution for me???

Kristen

Old 06-09-2003, 07:55 PM   #2

chemicaldreamer HB User
I'm in Canada as well... what is available in the US that is not available in Canada?

Read the Acne Cure book. Best thing you can do for yourself. A little expensive though, $40CDN i think if you go to Chapters (including taxes of course). Try your library, they might have a copy... or online. It's about $10 cheaper.

[This message has been edited by chemicaldreamer (edited 06-09-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2003, 08:06 PM   #3

U4IA HB User
Sorry but I'm 46 and I still have acne. If I knew the answer I'd gladly give it to you.

The product that I currently use the most is "Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera Gel". It sooths, mosturizes, has natural antibacterial properties and does not make be break out.

Old 06-09-2003, 08:45 PM   #4
Veteran

backtomyoldself HB User
I am 29 and I have never seen acne like mine in my entire life!

Old 06-09-2003, 11:28 PM   #5
Veteran

Aaron43 HB User
Maybe because you live in CANADA - u have acne.
Just kidding. But seriously. Have you thought about HUMID WEATHER? For some it is bad, for others, it is great. Here in Los Angeles, the winter is dry and I get acne. SUMMER TIME is the best time in LA. No acne. Just as my CANCUN island visit last year = super clear skin = super humid weather. RELATED? WHO KNOWS? Think about it.

--------------------------

With that said, you are 22 right? How bad is the acne? Has it just started or u had it for a while?

If it just started this year, then u are in for a ride of your life. Some peoples acne STARTS in the mid/late-20s, sometimes even 22 or 23.

If you had acne since you teens or early teens, then you should start to see it slowly going away on its own in the coming months and years.

-----------------------

I had acne since 15-ish. I am now 21, and it is slowly, but surely, going away.

My dad had SUPER CLEAN FACE in his teens years.
Didnt know what a ZIT felt like until his late 30s!! Can u believe it? He is now in his mid-40s and has had acne for about 6 years - the FIRST TIME IN HIS LIFE.

I guess everyones body goes thru the 'phase.' Better now then your late 20s and or 30s.

Old 06-10-2003, 12:44 AM   #6
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
I went to my dermatologist a few months ago because I had this crazy acne that wouldn't go away. I am 21 and had been somewhat clear for a couple years prior. She told me adult acne hits you when you are around 21 and without proper treatment won't even reach it's worst until 27. Do you have cysts around your chin or really bad breakouts down there that wont go away in a week or two? If so you prob have adult acne, caused by hormones. I am on Yasmin and have been told it is the most effective treatment (other than accutane). I'll have to see about that as time goes by. It is very depressing to know that my skin is screwed and there is no easy and fast way out.

Old 06-10-2003, 04:00 AM   #7

LaraJean HB User
I am 36 and still get it....some people just have that.

Old 06-10-2003, 06:17 AM   #8

vanna HB User
I'm 34 and have acne as well.....I was also told my acne is hormonal??? I have been suffering with acne since my early 20's. At times its really bad and at times it subsides. Its an on going battle that you have to take one day at a time.
I have been an antibiotics - now using erythromycin and it seems to be working. You just have to keep trying new things until you find the one that is right for you.
Have you looked into the MARCELLE line at shoppers drugmart, its available in Canada only, I have been using their foundation and its wonderful. My dr. told me to look for non-comedogenic products - non pore clogging! The Marcelle line is supposely a very good non-comedogenic, hypo-allergenic and no perfumes.
GOOD LUCK!
......Vanna

Old 06-11-2003, 09:14 PM   #9

bruinguy HB User
I've had acne since I was 13 and am finally clear at 21. I was wondering: how many of you have tried accutane? If I was in my early 20's I would take it, since it seems to work better the younger you are (I wish I would have gotten on it in Junior High like my friend who cleared up). I got on accutane for 3 weeks and got off it because of major migraine headaches (my brain swelled up). But if I had only the usual side effects I would have stayed on it. What finally worked was using my regular regimen of retin-a micro at night along with clydam. phosp.solution in the day AND got on B5, and in 2 months i cleared. I had MAJOR acne, as in, one day i tried counting how many zits I had, and it was in the 30's (including 8 or so active cysts at a time). I wouldn't say I was the worst type of sufferer, but i was up there. So as far as I'm concerned, try B-5, if it doesn' work, try accutane.( i'm in college and it seems like all the clear people i know were on accutane in highschool)

Old 06-12-2003, 03:52 AM   #10

Hopetimistic HB User
Aaron,

Do you think 'your' teenage might have something to do with your dad's acne?

C'mon man, stop stressing your old man out!

lol.

I am no expert on these matters. Please consult the (supposed) experts, and seek the advice of other people as well.

Closed Thread