It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2003, 04:44 PM   #1

Talking Shrubbery HB User
Question Anyone use Klaron lotion?

If so, how much do you apply every morning and do you use moisturizer as well?

I use Klaron and Retina Micro .1 %.

Old 03-10-2003, 10:18 PM   #2

ShadyLady482 HB User
I used to use it for about a year, along with Differin (I stopped using my prescription topicals about a month ago). I was using the Klaron in the morning and Differin at night. I used maybe a dime sized amount; my derm told me I could apply it liberally. In the summer I was fine, but in the winter I still needed some sort of moisturizer over it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2003, 07:04 AM   #3

Talking Shrubbery HB User
Did it work for you? I was on Differin with Klaron and tetracycline for about a year and it worked beautifully. My skin was perfect and it seemed impossible to get a pimple. Then I dropped the tetracycline and everything came back in a horrible mess.

Now I'm on tetracycline again with Klaron and Retina Micro and it's better but it's not what it was. I tried to use the differin again but it wouldn't work. Meh.

Old 03-11-2003, 07:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
Question

What is it about Klaron that people love? Is it it's moisturizing effects? I have not used it, but am using Retin A micro...it's working but I'm dry. Can Klaron help?

Old 03-11-2003, 08:09 AM   #5

ShadyLady482 HB User
Talking Shrubbery, that was actually the exact combination I was on; Klaron, Differin, and Tetracycline. It helped me quite a bit, but it definitely wasn't impossible for me to get a pimple. I gradually stopped all my prescriptions about a month ago just because I was trying to give my skin a break and I wasn't sure if the effects were wearing off. Going of the medications hasn't had any negative effects for me. I think they helped get my skin under control, but once it calmed down it didn't matter whether I was on meds or not.

Old 03-11-2003, 08:23 AM   #6

Tummy HB User
Im really indifferent about Klaron. It does not dry me out, but I'm not sure if it necessarily works. I keep using it though because in my combo of meds...Skinoren in the morning, Mint Julep mask, then shower, then Klaron, then Mint Julep spot. Every since I've done this my face has just been getting better and better. I mentioned 3 weeks ago my face was at the best point in the last 3 years and yet the last 3 weeks its just continoustly gotten even better. Every new pimple that forms is gone within 1-3 days because of Mint Julep.

My doc said that people that have already used Accutane really shouldnt need it again because topicals and antibiotics will really clean them up but they never give it a chance. I took a chance and though I hadnt seen much in the first 2.5 months, that last half a month or so has been magnificient. Hope it keeps up because it seems as if I have found the closest thing to a "cure" for my acne.

Old 03-11-2003, 03:20 PM   #7

Melissa1 HB User
Tummy--What is mint julip mask and where do I get it? How long to see results from Klaron? Thank You

Old 03-11-2003, 05:12 PM   #8

Tummy HB User
Mint Julep is at Wal-Mart and Rite Aid and probably most places like that. It comes in huge tube for about $2.99 and is the cheapest acne fighter to buy. Doenst work for everyone, but it sure gets rid of pimples fast.

Old 04-30-2003, 02:11 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

DoeZ0763 HB User
Question

Hi...I'm new to this board...and also new to my condition...Adult Acne...I was just at my dermatologists this morn...very first time...he put me on DOXYCYCLINE 2x's a day and KLARON 2x's a day...reading some of the other posts...it looks as though this Klaron really works? I just started it today...I'm a little dry and tight from it...should I put a mild lotion on over it? I'm very nervous because I'm a tanner...I'm always outdoors in the water or sun somehow...plus I go tanning...is this gonna hurt me or what? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank You

Old 04-30-2003, 02:30 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

DoeZ0763 HB User
Question

Hi there...I'm new to this board and also my condition. I have Adult Acne...visited my derm. for 1st time today and he put me on DOXYCYCLINE 2x's a day and KLARON 2x's a day. Reading some of the other posts...does this really work? I'm very nervous because I am an outdoors person...always in the sun...water...playing ball etc. I also tan. How is this going to effect me? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...Thank You

Old 05-01-2003, 06:15 PM   #11
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
I added Klaron to my routine on 3/31 and I like it and find it mild and somewhat effective. It does moisturize to some extent, but I may use some Complex 15 on my dry mornings to help my make up application....kinda like when a clown gets ready for the circus! I hate using make up so much! But that's another whole topic.......

Old 06-14-2003, 11:38 AM   #12

sacc1 HB User
Unhappy

Help!! I am currently being treated for acne after 33 years of relatively clear skin. I am depressed and embarrased. I am just starting to use Klaron. How long before I can expect to see an improvement?

Old 11-26-2004, 09:33 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User
Re: Anyone use Klaron lotion?

HI,I recently started using Klaron about 3 days ago,I'm 32 yrs old and suffer from Adult acne..I was told about Klaron from a friend who loved it and wanted to give it a try myself..any comments or sucess stories with Klaron please share..

Old 11-26-2004, 09:36 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User
Talking Re: Anyone use Klaron lotion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy Johnson
HI,I recently started using Klaron about 3 days ago,I'm 32 yrs old and suffer from Adult acne..I was told about Klaron from a friend who loved it and wanted to give it a try myself..any comments or sucess stories with Klaron please share..

Old 11-26-2004, 09:39 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User
Re: Anyone use Klaron lotion?

any comments or advice as to what to expect with Klaron please share...eager to see results although I only began using Klaron 3 days ago..how long til I should see improvements..

Closed Thread